referee v port vale

Refereed 5 Oldham games in the last 8 years

1-0 home loss to Walsall this season, gave 2 yellows

1-0 away loss at Doncaster last season, gave 5 yellows and TWO reds

1-0 home win against Southend that got us to the Anfield the first time round, 3 yellows and 1 red

1-0 home loss to Shrewsbury in 2010, gave 1 yellow

3-0 home win against Northampton in 2006 (with an attendance of 10207!)

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

As in first ever game or following abstinence o4u?

I grew up in Stockport and used to watch County on a Friday night and Utd or City on the Saturday. Then got in the habit of using the 400 bus so took in any of Bolton, Bury, Dale or Latics as the bus fare was only 10p.

Grew up. Married an Oldham lass. Reproduced. Skintness and work commitments cost me the football bug. I got to the odd Latics game including the Dowie play-off season and the win over City, but it was the 3-0 win that got me and the lad hooked and fairly quickly progressed to season ticket and messageboard addiction.

So while the lad has it in his blood (within minutes of him being born I raised him to the window of the maternity ward to show him Boundary Park) it's something I've grown into as an outsider.

Don't even think about how much that £2 ticket has cost you since then.

Just don't! Edited by opinions4u

I grew up in Stockport and used to watch County on a Friday night and Utd or City on the Saturday. Then got in the habit of using the 400 bus so took in any of Bolton, Bury, Dale or Latics as the bus fare was only 10p.

Grew up. Married an Oldham lass. Reproduced. Skintness and work commitments cost me the football bug. I got to the odd Latics game including the Dowie play-off season and the win over City, but it was the 3-0 win that got me and the lad hooked and fairly quickly progressed to season ticket and messageboard addiction.

So while the lad has it in his blood (within minutes of him being born I raised him to the window of the maternity ward to show him Boundary Park) it's something I've grown into as an outsider.

You made a conscious decision to support Latics as an adult! Crazy man ;-). Least your lad was born in Oldham, he could've been going to Edgeley Park every other Saturday.

You made a conscious decision to support Latics as an adult! Crazy man ;-). Least your lad was born in Oldham, he could've been going to Edgeley Park every other Saturday.

We go occasionally. It's hard work!

The lad chose Latics. No pressure from me to go anywhere else. He could have chosen a bigger team if he'd wanted. But once he'd chosen Latics I thought it was fair to encourage it.

That's great. And people say the cheap games don't work...

Our results record in them could be a lot better. IIRC Hillstones were responsible for that cheap game, they went bust a few short years later.

The same applies to the cup games, all those moaning about not being able to get a seat because day-trippers went, if one of those day-trippers becomes a regular then the allocation system worked, especially as we sold out.