Team for Port Vale

Real conundrum this one for LJ.

First and foremost, I think the movement of MacDonald and the vision of Harkins MUST start together. But then the question arises about who misses out? Should it be Philliskirk (who hasn't scored in the league since November)? Or should it be Petrasso/Dayton? Its a tough one definitely. I think I'd go for:

Oxley - Kusunga Tarky Grounds Mellor - Smith Wesolowski - Harkins - Petrasso MacDonald Dayton

With Philliskirk and JCH coming one around the hour mark - assuming there are no arrivals.

Can we have that team that played at Stevenage and Preston back please, I liked that one better.

Id sooner have the team that showed bottle and beat Stevenage at home back, I like LJs ideas about the football we play, Id just prefer it if we werent in a relegation battle doing it. Although I did hate Ronnie Moore taking us near the playoffs.

I want a team that's just going to go for it from the off.

JMW will be, as ever, dangerous for them, so we will need someone on the left willing to help out Mellor.

Oxley

Kusunga-Tarky-Grounds-Mellor

Dayton-Smith-Wes-Philliskirk

Harkins

MacDonald

Bring on Petrasso & JCH after an hour to inject some pace & power.

With Philliskirk, Dayton & Harkins on the pitch, we have about as much creativity as any of our starting XI's can have. I've liked what I've seen of Petrasso, however the number of times we dont get on the end of crosses enough anyway (Stevenage aside) so maybe we should be a little more central and have Dayton and Philliskirk switch and come inside now and again, to almost a narrow 4231 at times looking to feed Macdonald at every opportunity.

Won't happen and doubt it will make much difference with our useless strikers but I'd give it a shakeup with a few fresh faces.

Oxley

Smith Kusunga Lockwood Grounds

Gossett Wes Harkins

Worrall MacDonald Clarke-Harris

You wouldn't play Tarky?

You wouldn't play Tarky?

He could do with a rest. He looks absolutely knackered at times.

I'd go with...

Oxley

Kasunga Tarkowski Grounds Mellor

Smith Wes

Harkins

Dayton MacDonald Philliskirk

Although i don't think Philliskirk's best position is on the wing. It's hard to fit him in otherwise - other than that, i'd swap Worrall for Philli if he's fit. Philliskirk could bring some energy into the game after 60/70 minutes when Harkins tires. But what do I know, i'm not a manager...

Either him or Kusunga to drop out, not too fussed which one, just want to see Lockwood have a run in there to see if he can help us to stop conceding soft goals.

you serious ?nobody has seen lockwood yet but he,s better than kusunga and tarky, ? mmm a non league 32 year old, behave

Well he was injured throughout December and only returned ten days ago.

Can I just say I wasn't having a dig at Philly. For me he's one of our most technically gifted players and has a brilliant footballing mind, I was scraping the barrel for a reason as to why I'd choose the wingers over him.

Thinking about it Dayton on the right and Philliskirk on the left could work equally as well.