Instant impact

What were they? Heard this many times but didn't witness any if I'm honest.

Cross the ball onto his head and see what happens.

Paraphrasing because I can't remember exactly, but LJ was quoted saying that out of 11 crosses into the box when Rooney was in the middle he won six of them and scored a couple.

Those eleven crosses were over the period August to early January and most of them were delivered by Montano.

We either didn't play with wingers or the wingers didn't cross the ball into the middle.

I was fuming when five minutes into the Peterborough game Worrall did exactly what Rooney needed and put a fantastic cross into the box from about 30 yards down the wing. Shame they didn't play together...

But hey, what do I know?

Edited by blueatheart

Nothing against Rooney whatsoever but quick ??? He must have been wearing extremely heavy boots for latics. I'm staggered by this not the fact he is scoring.

Exactly what I always though "concrete boots".

I reckon there are a fair few non league players would look decent in Scotland to be honest.

Having said that, I have nothing against Rooney and wish the guy well. I'm sure he's a decent lad, but I didn't see the player that some on here saw.

Cross the ball onto his head and see what happens.

Paraphrasing because I can't remember exactly, but LJ was quoted saying that out of 11 crosses into the box when Rooney was in the middle he won six of them and scored a couple.

Those eleven crosses were over the period August to early January and most of them were delivered by Montano.

We either didn't play with wingers or the wingers didn't cross the ball into the middle.

I was fuming when five minutes into the Peterborough game Worrall did exactly what Rooney needed and put a fantastic cross into the box from about 30 yards down the wing. Shame they didn't play together...

But hey, what do I know?

I'm sure we just have different opinions and that's fine.

However I saw him lose out on so many headers it was unbelievable. I said it on here ages ago that I thought he was :censored: with his head and got jumped on by several who were saying "we shouldn't expect him to win headers because he was too small"???

Can't have it all ways.

Is it same person they say hes strong and quick

If you read what Harkins said in a recent programme, he thinks that in league 1 the players are bigger and stronger than in the SPL, Rooney's record in Scotland seemingly backs that up. Rooney may be one of those players that does better in Scotland who when they move to England struggle.

There is a player in there and maybe if we hadn't sold Baxter or got Harkins in earlier or if Rusnak hadn't thrown his dummy out of the pram Rooney could have been a success here as it is we haven't really missed out too much.

I'm sure we just have different opinions and that's fine.

However I saw him lose out on so many headers it was unbelievable. I said it on here ages ago that I thought he was :censored: with his head and got jumped on by several who were saying "we shouldn't expect him to win headers because he was too small"???

Can't have it all ways.

Fair enough. I felt he was always trying to win the ball down the middle with his back to goal rather than running onto a cross though.

Fair enough. I felt he was always trying to win the ball down the middle with his back to goal rather than running onto a cross though.

I understand where you are coming from but you have to win plenty of those as well.

How did Stead play today? And how do you reckon he suit us?

I understand where you are coming from but you have to win plenty of those as well.

How did Stead play today? And how do you reckon he suit us?

He'll be a great player if he gets fit.

Like I said in the other thread he's had 30 minutes of football in just under three months, he was bound to look a little unfit. He was unlucky not to sneak one in at the near post just before Grounds scored, he also had a cracking effort from near the centre circle go just over the bar. He did well holding the ball up and wasn't afraid to try and pass through the defenders to a runner.

I really hope he gets some game time, because that's what he needs. You could see the quality.

Like I said in the other thread he's had 30 minutes of football in just under three months, he was bound to look a little unfit. He was unlucky not to sneak one in at the near post just before Grounds scored, he also had a cracking effort from near the centre circle go just over the bar. He did well holding the ball up and wasn't afraid to try and pass through the defenders to a runner.

I really hope he gets some game time, because that's what he needs. You could see the quality.

This, except I didn't think he even looked that unfit. Can only remember one time when he might have been significantly sharper and I think that he was expecting a runner and no-one turned up for him.

This, except I didn't think he even looked that unfit. Can only remember one time when he might have been significantly sharper and I think that he was expecting a runner and no-one turned up for him.

There were a couple of times I expected him to pressure their keeper or push the defender more. Maybe I was going for the jugular as Swindon didn't look like they wanted the ball.

Edited by blueatheart

from the Aberdeen website -

re: Rooney

Proper finisher. When he got the ball I knew he'd score, used to get the same feeling whenever big Duncan Shearer was in similar situations. Potential to be a great signing for us.

Football is a funny old game ain't it :coffee1:

There were a couple of times I expected him to pressure their keeper or push the defender more. Maybe I was going for the jugular as Swindon didn't look like they wanted the ball.

Fair point, and there were times when I had to restrain myself from shouting for them to close down more from the front and really shut them down, but then I thought that Swindon are actually a very good side who can turn you around if you lose your shape or attention.

Thanks for the rundown.

Whenever I have seen him, he looks like a decent player.