Lattices 1-1 Brizzle City: Post-match reaction thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a point today if we can get a 6 points from the next 3 games (or 5 points and stay unbeaten). Sounded like very difficult conditions for us to really take control of the game.

I think we'll be well-equipped to take on MK at their place and I think we might just scrape a narrow win against Gillingham, but I think we'll come a cropper at home to MK.

Struggling with this. Right in front of me. Their keeper hesitated. Philli nipped in between him and the defender, who were waiting for each other, and took the ball. The keeper panicked and then clumsily caught him late (cleaned him out in fact) and brought him down. Stonewall. Doesn't matter where the ball went, anywhere else on the pitch: it's a foul and a yellow card for a late challenge. In fact, exactly what Stead was booked off, but that was far harsher as there was minimal contact. Phili was wiped off his feet. Philli looked flabbergasted it wasn't given. Their keeper trotted off at breakneck speed and looked surprised also! Opinions eh.

From the main stand upper on that side of the stand the keeper did really well, the defender was dithering and he came out and made a very good challenge taking the ball with Philly then going over the top of him. Philly was already incensed with injustice by not getting a clear foul on the other side of the pitch (one of the refs rare mistakes). It would have been an unforgivable decision in my opinion from a ref who had a decent game all round.

Fair play. From my angle (harsher on the keeper) it didn't appear the keeper touched the ball - or if he did it was by going through him.

And as if I'm one to question officials today...

Turned up late after nearly running out of fuel driving up from Derby - gambled thinking I'd have enough after hitting traffic.

Told it was 1-0 by the steward upon entering the ground and checked my phone on walking up the stairs to see a Matt Chambers tweet alert describing Philli's goal...

Didn't learn about the equaliser until after the game!!

Fair play. From my angle (harsher on the keeper) it didn't appear the keeper touched the ball - or if he did it was by going through him.

And as if I'm one to question officials today...

Turned up late after nearly running out of fuel driving up from Derby - gambled thinking I'd have enough after hitting traffic.

Told it was 1-0 by the steward upon entering the ground and checked my phone on walking up the stairs to see a Matt Chambers tweet alert describing Philli's goal...

Didn't learn about the equaliser until after the game!!

Impressed with Wilson

Bobby Reid superb for them

Reserve judgement on stead . Touch was poor .

Didn't mind worrall coming inside in second half.

Connor brown looked like Connor brown 12/13

Wes - immense first half

Grounds v.good

My six year old was bored out of his mind.

Wind affected.

Danny's goal shows the benefits of shooting in those conditions.

We must spend hours on the training ground being statuesque defending near post corners.

Two points lost by not wanting it enough.

Harkins decent.

Sums it up for me.

Harkins apart, I cannot think of another contender for MoM.

I'm all for a bit of negativity from time to time but at least get your stats right.

We've not lost 75% of our recent games.

Sorry I filled some in wrong on my fixtures so just checked bbc, IN THE LEAGUE (which is our bread and butter) we have won 4 in 14!!! that is shocking,

Sorry I filled some in wrong on my fixtures so just checked bbc, IN THE LEAGUE (which is our bread and butter) we have won 4 in 14!!! that is shocking,

Statistics are good things.

7 points out of 12.

Get that going across a full season and you'll make the play offs.

The games prior to that were relegation form.

Average it all out and you end up somewhere just short of the middle of the table.

Edited by opinions4u