United -vs- United

Ackey

United -vs- United  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will come out 'on top' when the decision is made?

• Sheffield United
    • West Ham United

Sheffield United are expected to find out on Tuesday whether their appeal against relegation from the Premier League has been successful. A three-man arbitration panel will hear the second and final day of the Blades challenge against the Premier League before deciding on their verdict.

United want to be reinstated after West Ham breached player ownership rules.

The Hammers avoided a points deduction over the signing of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano but were fined £5.5m.

Taking bets on who's going to win out... should the FA/Premier League grow some balls and bin off West Ham (and follow their own precedent) or should they shy away from a big decision just because it would hinder a London club?

[/size]

Taking bets on who's going to win out... should the FA/Premier League grow some balls and bin off West Ham (and follow their own precedent) or should they shy away from a big decision just because it would hinder a London club?

Missed the option of keeping both clubs in the Premiership and playing with an extra team. Unlikely, but it's been done before elsewhere.

I agree, irrespective of what happened if they had not lost the last game of the season then relegation would not have happened, in essence it is their own fault. I have sympathy to a point but there has to be a line drawn in the sand somewhere and you just have to move on to concentrate on next season!

Just think though, if Sheffield were in that position then I bet they'd rather they were fined as oppose to having points docked.

And I don't really suppose the FA were in a position to dock points so late in the season when it obviously would have had an affect on whether West Ham were relegated or not. I think that if points would have been docked, it would have only been done if West Ham were certain to get relegated but I don't suppose any of this matters now so like I said, it's all done now, they should get over it.

Oh yeah, and did anybody else hear about Sheffield getting Sean Bean to fight their cause? If it's true, it's taking it a bit too far don't you think?

The point about it making West Ham go down, without meaning to be rude, is comeplete horse crap.

They broke the rules, and they should be punished. Altricham had 18points taken off for a lesser offence, Bury were kicked out of the cup, various other situations have had that style of punishment... they just bottled out this time and as much as I dislike Sheffield they've got an exceptioanlly strong case and I think they should be reinstated.

The point about it making West Ham go down, without meaning to be rude, is comeplete horse crap.

They broke the rules, and they should be punished. Altricham had 18points taken off for a lesser offence, Bury were kicked out of the cup, various other situations have had that style of punishment... they just bottled out this time and as much as I dislike Sheffield they've got an exceptioanlly strong case and I think they should be reinstated.

Agree completely Ackey, and to make matters even worse it was Tevez, the illegally signed player who scored the only goal in their last day win at the Scum.

Football STINKS!

I don't think that Sheffield United can win as the Court for Arbitration in Sport don't have the power to deduct points.

The Premier League got this wrong and should definitely have deducted points off West Ham when making their initial ruling. Unfortunately, the majority of the Tabloid Press Heavyweights are West Ham fans. Martin Samuel (who dug up the allegations about Steve Kabba); Paul McCarthy; Rob Shepherd etc. Those 3 are probably the most "influential" Sports Writers in English Football.

It is probably fair to say that the Premier League may well run scared of the West Ham Tabloid Mafia and that may well have affected their decision.

Shameful state of affairs. The Premier League should take a hard look at The Football League which is expertly and competently run.

The FA have a get-out clause as it was a different offence they hit Altringham and Wimbledon with, they can argue that there is no precedent for the appropriate punishment in this case. That said I do agree that the whole thing stinks and they should go down for it, but they won't.

[/size]

Ackey, your post and your poll don't match up.

Who should come out on top? Sheff Utd

Who will come out on top? The Londoners

Ackey, your post and your poll don't match up.

Who should come out on top? Sheff Utd

Who will come out on top? The Londoners

Indeed... but I'm too lazy to change the poll 'cause too many people have voted! You have the power mate, you go for it :)