Request from LJ

There is nothing wrong with "whats it like to see a crowd". That is if you have not just had a crowd of 2700 in your last home game :-)

People sing those types of songs to create banter. The oldham fans singing it know very well Oldham's home attendance is poor but it's sung to get a bite off the other teams' supporters to try and increase the atmosphere. If you don't like the atmosphere that the guys try to provide to help cheer the team on either just don't join in with the songs or sit in a library (to be honest after some of the home performances, this wouldn't be a bad idea) but most of the songs are pro Oldham but there is only so much of 'come on oldham' and 'oh when the blues' you can sing in 90 minutes before it gets boring and repetitive

People sing those types of songs to create banter. The oldham fans singing it know very well Oldham's home attendance is poor but it's sung to get a bite off the other teams' supporters to try and increase the atmosphere. If you don't like the atmosphere that the guys try to provide to help cheer the team on either just don't join in with the songs or sit in a library (to be honest after some of the home performances, this wouldn't be a bad idea) but most of the songs are pro Oldham but there is only so much of 'come on oldham' and 'oh when the blues' you can sing in 90 minutes before it gets boring and repetitive

In the lower house pub after game most the night was spent apart from.drinking singing Oldham.songs and creating news.songs ans chants to well known songs you thought we where still at the game the amount of noise made

In the lower house pub after game most the night was spent apart from.drinking singing Oldham.songs and creating news.songs ans chants to well known songs you thought we where still at the game the amount of noise made

No doubting it tom, what's that song you put on fb about the 'til we build our fourth stand, til we build our fourth stand?'

Fair enough but they didnt really bite at that chant. Probably more amusement at Oldham having the front to sing about crowds

Anyway i never said i wanted to sit in a Library, I would much prefer an atmosphere just without those songs

Each to their own

Edited by NIKI1234

Fair enough but they didnt really bite at that chant. Probably more amusement at Oldham having the front to sing about crowds

Anyway i never said i wanted to sit in a Library, I would much prefer an atmosphere just without those songs

Each to their own

What songs would you prefer to be sung? There's only so much like I said you can sing of come on oldham, flying high and oh when the blues and I never said you did, just want a little support and encouragement for the guys who really try to give it a go. Those songs are used to try and bode the opposition, fair enough it didn't work, partly because there were only about 10 that they were singing to but it's trying to get a reaction which builds up a bigger atmosphere

oh johnny eyre was a cracker, or tony carrs is number one, e.t.c (whatever happened to simple songs? instead of singing about our centre halves cock?)

the group of lads i go with sing the old songs at every away game we go to for a laugh and reminiscing sitting in the lookers at the back! how i miss the lookers

Edited by kieranmcandrew

I wanna tell you I might as well do about a boy who can do anything his touch is golden he plays for oldham Korey smith korey smith korey smith

Januzaj! Januzaj! Januzaj!

And somebody else sings it too,

I wanna tell you,

about a man who

scores goals just for fun so it seems,

He plays for FC, his name is Tommy,

Tommy Greaves, Tommy Greaves, Tommy Greaves...

Dare say loads sing it now...