Request from LJ

LJ has challenged fans to come up with new and inventive songs to sing on matchdays, can I make a suggestion to improve the atmosphere tell some of the stewards to get to :censored:, heard the best one yet this week, the young lads having a sing back at the Gillingham game where told to sit down and face the pitch or they would be kicked out, the fanny with the long hair in the rre should get a life a few stewards are killing the atmosphere at games thats for sure. Would also help if they reintroduced a safe standing area to make the stewards redundant.

The only way to get an atmosphere at Latics is get rid of the stewards and make it standing? Is that right Yarddog?

I forgot its impossible to open your mouth with a seat behind you and a steward near by...

Just get behind the team and don't worry about anything except what's happening on the pitch for 90 mins and we might see a difference.

That mullet is a prat.

For years people have gone down the front with a few minutes left and then made an early dart to the car park. I've done it myself for about 3 years in the RRE then this clown shows up a few months ago and insists you either leave or sit down.

His attitude and manner are not conducive to make you want to do either. That Steptoe lookalike who used to be a pain in the RRE was irritating but mullethead is worse.

That mullet is a prat.

For years people have gone down the front with a few minutes left and then made an early dart to the car park. I've done it myself for about 3 years in the RRE then this clown shows up a few months ago and insists you either leave or sit down.

His attitude and manner are not conducive to make you want to do either. That Steptoe lookalike who used to be a pain in the RRE was irritating but mullethead is worse.

yet the away fans can stand all game,the stewards are well OTT in the rre

Same happened with my old man and me in the Chaddy. Well into extra time we stopped to watch Harkins swing in the final corner. Steward say "keep moving, you can't stand here" his face was a picture when I said " my Dad and me are going on the pitch" dickheads they are at times.

LJ has challenged fans to come up with new and inventive songs to sing on matchdays

This should prove to be uninteresting; the usual showcase of formulaic, low-status ditties with infantile delivery. Some in all-caps, natch.

"I done rote a fingy for La' ics"

Before the game a few of us where talking and suggested those who like to sing try and sit together which helped very vocal. It was funny rippping on the Tranmere fan who had a bee top on and the Ronnie Moore betting scandal helped also.

Personally best atmosphere at an away game this season for me.

I wasn't at the game. What funny stuff and banter was sung? :-)

"Your grounds to big for you"

"whats it like to see a crowd"

Why oh why?

The Atmosphere was ok and better than it has been but i didnt think it was as good as is being made out.

How do other clubs come up with chants? Would hiring a song writer be worth it (perhaps using Playershare funds)?

Why hire one when that bloke out of the Courteeners who supports us (and actually goes to games unlike some celebrity fans), came up with this Michael Jackson inspired ditty for Harkins.

"were cheering for the man from St. Mirren"

Maybe we should all boo, whinge, moan sit in silence then.

That would be better than "this grounds to big for you" and "whats it like to see a crowd".

There is nothing wrong with creating an atmosphere and good on you for trying too but some songs are not worth singing.

Why hire one when that bloke out of the Courteeners who supports us (and actually goes to games unlike some celebrity fans), came up with this Michael Jackson inspired ditty for Harkins.

"were cheering for the man from St. Mirren"

Though not the songwriter for them? ;)

That would be better than "this grounds to big for you" and "whats it like to see a crowd".

There is nothing wrong with creating an atmosphere and good on you for trying too but some songs are not worth singing.

My feeling is that singing should be largely pro Oldham with the odd disparging comment/song towards the other team.

To be fair don't remember hearing your grounds to big for you, what's it like to see a crowd is an old un some chants or songs I find cringey but just leave others to sing or don't join in if not keen on it.

To be fair don't remember hearing your grounds to big for you, what's it like to see a crowd is an old un some chants or songs I find cringey but just leave others to sing or don't join in if not keen on it.

There is nothing wrong with "whats it like to see a crowd". That is if you have not just had a crowd of 2700 in your last home game :-)