What was good about him yesterday was that he was getting into the right places.

Unfortunately, the sharpness and confidence was severely lacking.

For me, if he plays he plays up top. No arsing about as a pseudo winger.

Is it just me who thinks he needs to be rested for a few weeks, barely missed a minute since before xmas, constantly playing in different positions, the lad looks :censored:ed. Its still his first ever run of games on the spin, and I think he could benefit from a game or 2 to sharpen up.

I thought the fact Mellor and Harkins played so high and attack minded was the cause of their first goal. Mellor ended up tracking back a ball beyond him, and then had no help from Harkins. That said, Jonathan Grounds has no reason to move away from the shot and then stick a foot out on it, and Koumas had far too much space to pick a shot. The 2nd goal was similar, we were caught on the counter, and Mellor and harkins in advanced positions until Charlie Mac lost the ball to easily after his 18th miscontrol of the game, and Wesolowski did all the hard work by catching Cassidy in the sprint, before failing to tackle or block the cross.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me who thinks he needs to be rested for a few weeks, barely missed a minute since before xmas, constantly playing in different positions, the lad looks :censored:ed.

Not for those reasons. He's an extremely fit professional footballer who doesn't play again for 7 days, by which time he shouldn't be :censored:ed.

I do think he needs to be rested on the basis that he's a striker who hasn't been scoring any goals though.

Edited by HarryBosch