Today was odd. While nobody had a terrific fame individually the team spirit was miles better.

Players wanted it. Got stuck into challenges and looked to get it forwards more.

It feels odd to have drawn. It's weird being hit on the counter attack when winning 2-1. We were probably good enough for the win.

Two very good penalty shouts. The first one as obvious a push as you'll ever see - denying a goalscoring opportunity. The second one saw MacDonald taken out off the ball.

It's tight at the bottom. I think we've got enough in the rank for safety.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was odd. While nobody had a terrific fame individually the team spirit was miles better.

Players wanted it. Got stuck into challenges and looked to get it forwards more.

It feels odd to have drawn. It's weird being hit on the counter attack when winning 2-1. We were probably good enough for the win.

Two very good penalty shouts. The first one as obvious a push as you'll ever see - denying a goalscoring opportunity. The second one saw MacDonald taken out off the ball.

It's tight at the bottom. I think we've got enough in the rank for safety.

On the way back to the car was discussing the game with a tranmere fan, he was adamant we should have had 2 pens. We both agreed about the standard of refereeing though.

Just read one of their fans forum who described the first half as:

" Our entire midfield was given a footballing lesson in the first half by what looked like a 50-year-old balding gorilla on the Oldham left but in the second it was Jenno who was bossing the game."

I cannot imagine which one of our players they are describing....heheh

Edited by underdog

Since when have we ever been able to pre-judge Latics eh?

All the posters who are basically saying we're nailed on to lose against Rotherham and PNE, just you watch in typical Latics fashion as we go and get results against them both.

Its Latics. Its what we do

Edited by slystallone

I don't think we're suggesting that we won't win against either PNE or Rov'rum, it's just looking at the stats and seeing how hard it will be to beat them. Both are in incredible form, they both tend to win against lower league teams and we couldn't win against a very poor Tranmere side.

I just hope LJ can get the lads motivated for these games and just say to them that there's zero pressure on us. We did Peterborough and Swindon at home and should have beaten Orient when they were in amazing form.

It'll be tough.

I don't think we're suggesting that we won't win against either PNE or Rov'rum, it's just looking at the stats and seeing how hard it will be to beat them. Both are in incredible form, they both tend to win against lower league teams and we couldn't win against a very poor Tranmere side.

I just hope LJ can get the lads motivated for these games and just say to them that there's zero pressure on us. We did Peterborough and Swindon at home and should have beaten Orient when they were in amazing form.

It'll be tough.

Sadly there is a lot of pressure on us.

We're now having to try and pick up points against the top teams because of our failure to beat dire teams like Tranmere.

If we get nothing out of Preston & Rotherham then Crewe is do or die IMO.

We just se to be slow at decsion making so many times a early ball could of been played yesterday and we was on for a break, it seems take all the players a extra second to react to the situation. Worrying though for me is every time we come under attack we look like conceding

I think the next two or three games are crucial and 4 points would be very welcome, however, I'm not too hopeful.

I'm certain both Rotherham and Preston will score at least 1 goal at BP..... on yesterday's showing against a really poor Tranmere team we managed 2, one looked a belter from Wes and the other a complete fluke, apart from that I can't remember threatening their keeper very much at all.

We still don't look like scoring goals and Harkins is our only real threat....I dread to think what would happen if he picked up an injury.

We've been in this position a few times recently but I'm really not confident that we will survive this season.

Notts Co at home on the last day could be very interesting!

I think the next two or three games are crucial and 4 points would be very welcome, however, I'm not too hopeful.

I'm certain both Rotherham and Preston will score at least 1 goal at BP..... on yesterday's showing against a really poor Tranmere team we managed 2, one looked a belter from Wes and the other a complete fluke, apart from that I can't remember threatening their keeper very much at all.

We still don't look like scoring goals and Harkins is our only real threat....I dread to think what would happen if he picked up an injury.

We've been in this position a few times recently but I'm really not confident that we will survive this season.

Notts Co at home on the last day could be very interesting!

On what basis? I think our team is just as capable as it has been in previous seasons, in fact it's probably better. Where we're struggling is creating the chances but there is certainly something to work with. Getting Harkins, Smith, Philliskirk and McD all playing together regularly will see sort that out no problem imo which relies heavily on us getting a good run of games out McD before the season ends. We have some very talented players this season but for one reason or another we haven't had them playing together regularly. Korey is now back in and McD is now fit and hopefully over his niggling injuries.

I'm not worried at all, we tend to forget a decent number of teams, games in hand or not have to pick up good points to go above us - like us they aren't down there for no reason. They have problems as well, I just think we genuinely have the players to build a good side.

How did Lockwood and Mellor do yesterday? And Grounds back at CB?

Grounds is a centre back. He's our best centre back. He should play nowhere else.

Mellor and Harkins were our biggest threat first half and our weakness second half. It was noticeable that two of our most comfortable players on the ball were connecting well. That's ultimately where Wes' goal came from. I liked that partnership but they'll need cover to be solid.

Lockwood made a beautiful pass for our 2nd goal but I think it was him that Lowe drifted off for their 2nd goal. Generally solid in the air.

Ball wouldn't stick to MacDonald or Philli's feet all game despite them getting in some decent positions and making some good runs. A Philli on form would've bagged or assisted a couple yesterday.

It may be too early yet but I'm eager to see this Turner play. A rapid striker with a decent touch would've unlocked that Tranmere defence. MacDonald was lacking that.

The shouts for LJ to make a sub in the second half were stupid. JCH, whose name kept being sung to prompt him on, came on and was ineffective. It was obvious he would be, looking at their clumsy defence hence why Turner's style of play was what was needed to replace Mac, not a Stead or JCH.

Overall not sure about what to think. Not a bad point against a team we've lost away at 3 times consecutively but felt like it could have been more. Then less. Then more. We'll stay up.

Very impressed with the mellor / harkins combo down the left yesterday and for me Wilson will have to spend a bit of time on the bench now. . Thought Lockwood and grounds were also decent but tranmeres half-cast centre back was the best player on the pitch .

Philli seems half the player he can be at the moment. His touch and composure had been his two biggest assets a few months back and both have deserted him recently .

Very impressed with the mellor / harkins combo down the left yesterday and for me Wilson will have to spend a bit of time on the bench now. . Thought Lockwood and grounds were also decent but tranmeres half-cast centre back was the best player on the pitch .

Philli seems half the player he can be at the moment. His touch and composure had been his two biggest assets a few months back and both have deserted him recently .

He was in decent form until LJ started playing him on the wing.

It's Robbie Simpson all over again!

He was in decent form until LJ started playing him on the wing.

What was good about him yesterday was that he was getting into the right places.

Unfortunately, the sharpness and confidence was severely lacking.

For me, if he plays he plays up top. No arsing about as a pseudo winger.