The ball boys

Today result must of been the ball boys fault. According to one ball boy on twitter Lj has been blaming the ball boys all season and has given them until the end of the season to improve or else they are out and the youth team will do it from now on. Do they get payed ? Or are they just volunteers ? Seem harsh I haven't really noticed out wrong anyone else ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true LJ is starting to get very boring blaming everything but poor team selection/tactics....ball boys fault, no atmosphere, playing in a 3 sided stadium, mental problems with players, mystery injuries, referees fault, luck blah blah blah!!!

Just man up and say maybe you made a mistake, people will respect you more!

Apparently he had ago at them for following football league rules and not doing multi-ball , saying it's slowing the tempo down . God I've heard it all now

I thought multi ball was something you applied/declared at the start of the season and had to continue on throughout?

There's no way we've played multi ball at ISZ much if at all this season ... either that or there's a shortage of balls lol

I doubt he blamed them for any kind of result or performance but something was on twatter so it must be true.

I remember as a kid the ball boys were taught/shown what was expected of them, how to get the ball back to the players quickly and efficiently and which section/area was theirs to cover when the ball went out of play.

Nowadays some of them look like they have never seen a football never mind what they need to do if it comes near them and was before multi ball existed.

Edited by palmer1

I doubt he blamed them for any kind of result or performance but something was on twatter so it must be true.

I remember as a kid the ball boys were taught/shown what was expected of them, how to get the ball back to the players quickly and efficiently and which section/area was theirs to cover when the ball went out of play.

Nowadays some of them look like they have never seen a football never mind what they need to do if it comes near them and was before multi ball existed.

A blokes who "supervises" the ball boys passed on a clear message to a group of them that the manager thinks that they are helpful to the opposition and have cost us points this season.

While allowing room for Chinese whispers something has been said by LJ and it seems like a cheap shot to me. Ironically, a set of written rules were issued to them this afternoon that require "fairness to both sides".

As for multi-ball, the Football League have banned it. We only use it on the north side of the ground due to a concession linked to the building of the new stand.

The only time when I have seen a ball boy cost us something was Dag and redbridge where he gave it too the player that quick the defence was not set.

However, It's not their fault what are they suppose to do when a a fully grown man is asking for the ball some of them are only young