Being kept awake by a slipped disc, so I thought I would put my involuntary waking time to some good use by doing some research. With our (slightly less) precarious position and Rochdale now 9 points clear of fourth spot, I wondered when was the last time they played in a division higher than us. We were promoted to join them in the old division 3 in 1971 and haven't been in a division below them since. Subsequently they've only had a higher league finish than us once, in 2011.

My first full season was 73-74, when we went up as champions and they finished bottom, doing the double over them. It has been the natural order of things in my life that we sit above them. It will screw my feng shui right up if that's reversed.

Thanks. I was probed on B&Q car park yesterday, now waiting for a scan. Googled Oxycontin, sounds the bollocks, I'll have to see what the GP says, Cocodamol isn't touching the sides.

I know you must be in pain, but, made me laugh when I thought of you getting probed on B and Q car park.

Being kept awake by a slipped disc, so I thought I would put my involuntary waking time to some good use by doing some research. With our (slightly less) precarious position and Rochdale now 9 points clear of fourth spot, I wondered when was the last time they played in a division higher than us. We were promoted to join them in the old division 3 in 1971 and haven't been in a division below them since. Subsequently they've only had a higher league finish than us once, in 2011.

My first full season was 73-74, when we went up as champions and they finished bottom, doing the double over them. It has been the natural order of things in my life that we sit above them. It will screw my feng shui right up if that's reversed.

That 1970/71 was my first season as a Season Ticket holder, didn't they knock us out of the FA Cup too in that season?

If the promoted teams this season are going to be Dale. C/Field and Scunny that will make us staying up even more important!

That 1970/71 was my first season as a Season Ticket holder, didn't they knock us out of the FA Cup too in that season?

If the promoted teams this season are going to be Dale. C/Field and Scunny that will make us staying up even more important!

especialy with barnsley looking likely to come down lots of derbys next season

My first game as a nipper was in 70/71 ,a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth who were promoted with us . They had the goal machine that was Ted McDougall playing for them .....for the whippersnappers on here he scored 9 (yes 9) goals in a 11-0 FA Cup win for Bournemouth , not surprisingly still the record.

My first game as a nipper was in 70/71 ,a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth who were promoted with us . They had the goal machine that was Ted McDougall playing for them .....for the whippersnappers on here he scored 9 (yes 9) goals in a 11-0 FA Cup win for Bournemouth , not surprisingly still the record.

It was my first proper season supporting latics, my dad took me to a handful of games the season before.

My first game going on my own was that season, Lincoln at home sometime in November, won 4-2 and that was me hooked. The cup game was very soon after and I went with my mate Brian Merritt and his dad, they were Dale fans, my dad didnt have a car.I do remember thinking of them as the bigger team and it was no surprise when we lost, 2-0 if i'm right.

After that we went up and they went down and bumped along the bottom. They are a shining example of a football League team managing to survive against the odds. We are a supreme example of the adage that every dog has its day and one day, maybe, everything will go right.

My first game going on my own was that season, Lincoln at home sometime in November, won 4-2 and that was me hooked. The cup game was very soon after and I went with my mate Brian Merritt and his dad, they were Dale fans, my dad didnt have a car.I do remember thinking of them as the bigger team and it was no surprise when we lost, 2-0 if i'm right.

After that we went up and they went down and bumped along the bottom. They are a shining example of a football League team managing to survive against the odds. We are a supreme example of the adage that every dog has its day and one day, maybe, everything will go right.

I remember it was 0-2 too, cried my eyes out!

Dale are on a very sound footing, I have mates who are shareholders so seen the Accounts but they don't own the ground, (from memory but might be wrong.)