Transport to BP query

What's the best way to get to Boundary Park, on public transport from Piccadilly, Bus (I'd guess 24, 181, 182 but could be others) or tram?

Bus will take around 45-60 minutes depending on traffic. Could take longer depending on how bad Oldham Road is coming out of town, if you're travelling at tea time.

Can't comment on the tram, but I assume it'd be quicker.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Bus will take around 45-60 minutes depending on traffic. Could take longer depending on how bad Oldham Road is coming out of town, if you're travelling at tea time.

Can't comment on the tram, but I assume it'd be quicker.

Oldham road has not been that bad lately, as I usually use it to go home when driving. Rochdale road is :censored:

What's the best way to get to Boundary Park, on public transport from Piccadilly, Bus (I'd guess 24, 181, 182 but could be others) or tram?

Those buses are good options, another way is the tram to King Street and the 409 to Royal Oldham Hospital.

I regularly get 182 from Lever Street, as I will tomorrow eve, and jump off at Grey Mare for a pre match pint, but the 181 goes closer to the ground.

For evening games, after 6 the traffic up Oldham Road is usually clear, journey takes about 45 mins, gets to Oldham quite rapidly but then it winds through the estates in Chaddy.

The tram is on my direct line from where I live in Chorlton, but ive not tried it as it does look like a bit of a mission, especially coming back from a night match and also taking into account Metrolinks general :censored:tiness.

181, it goes from Lever street. Get out at the rifle range.

I get it to most evening games after work. Takes 40 mins generally if you get it after 6

Those buses are good options, another way is the tram to King Street and the 409 to Royal Oldham Hospital.

I regularly get 182 from Lever Street, as I will tomorrow eve, and jump off at Grey Mare for a pre match pint, but the 181 goes closer to the ground.

For evening games, after 6 the traffic up Oldham Road is usually clear, journey takes about 45 mins, gets to Oldham quite rapidly but then it winds through the estates in Chaddy.

The tram is on my direct line from where I live in Chorlton, but ive not tried it as it does look like a bit of a mission, especially coming back from a night match and also taking into account Metrolinks general :censored:tiness.

181 bus is quicker (bearing in mind it drops you off closer to the ground)

but the tram is more frequent

Cheers all. Ended up on #24, due to the timings. Thanks for the advice though.