Diamond Formation

This may explain why Jones has tailed off recently. On our run he was an industrious centre mid alongside Kelly, able to get forward, break up play and link up, and chip in with a few goals. Now he's become invisible. He doesn't really do much worthy of note.

Pair that with the fact the head of the diamond, who is meant to be your most influential player, does very little most games in a creative or goal scoring sense and it doesn't work.

This may explain why Jones has tailed off recently. On our run he was an industrious centre mid alongside Kelly, able to get forward, break up play and link up, and chip in with a few goals. Now he's become invisible. He doesn't really do much worthy of note.

Pair that with the fact the head of the diamond, who is meant to be your most influential player, does very little most games in a creative or goal scoring sense and it doesn't work.

I think Jones would be magic playing where the undroppable one does but we haven't really had anyone else to play on the left side, perhaps Mellis will be able to.

I think Jones would be magic playing where the undroppable one does but we haven't really had anyone else to play on the left side, perhaps Mellis will be able to.

Forte has scored most of his goals off the left flank why even contemplate moving him inside, every :censored:e team in this league knows we play narrow, it was LJ's old man who highlighted how to beat us we now need a plan B, having wingers in the squad would help but thats been ditched so where do we go from here ?

I struggle to comprehend why you would drop Kelly. We were dire in his absence and tried 3 or 4 others in that role with no success. When he returned, results improved somewhat but the failures, I would say, are largely down to others not showing the same level of commitment.

Forte has scored most of his goals off the left flank why even contemplate moving him inside, every :censored:e team in this league knows we play narrow, it was LJ's old man who highlighted how to beat us we now need a plan B, having wingers in the squad would help but thats been ditched so where do we go from here ?

It's funny how these lower in the league teams suss us out - yet we can't suss them out.

It's funny how these lower in the league teams suss us out - yet we can't suss them out.

All they have done is hassle our midfield and centrehalfs and pick up the pieces, the better teams have allowed us to play it out from the back with very little pressure applied, this has allowed us more joy against better footballing teams who go for three points themselves, last nights game was crying out for Turner or Murphy to trouble them I appreciate neither are fit but replacing players like for like is pointless, even Dayton would of been a better option last night on the left with Jones in the middle.