Dowie or Sheridan?

Dowie or Sheridan?   

163 members have voted

1. 1. Dowie or Sheridan?

• Dowie
    • Sheridan
    • You can't ask me to make such a choice you heartless bastard

I have told this story before on here.

Dowie has sat next to me on 2 flights to London in the past 12 months.

He was offered the job when LJ got it and he turned it down for 1 reason, SC offered him a 10 game deal, Dowie said he was not prepared to give up a lucrative sky deal for 10 games, the money SC offered was acceptable just thought it was too bigger risk for him and his family.

He said he wants to be a football manager and if anyone offers him 18months on a fair deal he will jump at it.

Infact, his business has only just started... he's coaching the kids of today in Rotherham & Sheffield, imagine paying for your kid to be coached by Dave Penney? No thanks.

Imagine how often you would have to tell your kids to take their hands out of their pockets...

Sheridan had run out of ideas with us....Even before Doggy gate im not sure things were well

The side Dowie had would have got us promoted most seasons... He only left after Moore sold the ship out from under him. I would have liked to see what we could have done with a second seasonWe were also the fittest team in the division and could dish it out as well as take it and grind out wins - see Mansfield away.

Edited by bluehobbit

It's going to be a first time manager for financial reasons. Why get a (small) fee for Lee Johnson just to spend it on the wages of a well known manager. Not going to happen. But as a previous post has mentioned we've had a lot of success from first timers just hope it's the right person

I was part of an interview held at BP the week Stitch got sacked and a high profile figure within club told me "II feel sorry for Andy they just aren't performing for him at the moment and that is down to the senior players who think they have had better careers so wont listen. Hope the new regime respect that. " That is word for word quote. He was gone within three days.

In terms of the senior players in question, Shez stands out as a prime suspect, being the only who arguably had a better career than Ritchie.