A little bit of me died today

So for the last time we filled the chaddy end today our church our pulpit our turf the place where we worshipped the blues . My first game was 1972 a friendly v city I was hooked from the start the sites the smells the noise of the crowd everything about it . From then on I was a regular first of all on the wall at the front perched behind the top of the advertisement hoardings . Then as a grew older I slowly moved up the stand perching on the barriers next to my dad then the holly of Holly's on the boards at the back where the bad boys went I had seen things and heard things that in my slow graduation songs swear words you name it I had seen running battles that swayed backwards and forwards across the boards during derby games with Bolton Blackburn Burnley & Preston if seen us beat united play European champions Forrest off the park get undone by some Ossie. Ardilles magic against totingham .soon I graduated to being one of the singers up the back boinging along on the boards ready to defend our turf . Then post Bradford fire we were fenced off from our patch and we moved to our new patch in the corner and still the old girl had that special smell that atmosphere of our church . Then came the heady years of the roule era and the slow build to 1991 and that season leading to that game and glory .then came the seating and I thought my days in the chaddy were gone only to have the chance to bring my kids into the fold and introduce them to the experience that was a full chaddy v city v Liverpool & Everton in the cups . And now it's over the grand old lady. Falls silent to the shouts of oh when the blues zig fa zagga walking down sheep foot lane plus many more .

Goodbye chaddy end god bless you and all that stood in you through rain snow and Pennines winters forever in our memories .

Right onwards to a new season

she's never been the same since they put seats in imho... :coffee1:

this gone are the heady days of 11k roaring the boys on as they charged down the slope in search of the winning goal as Neil Warnock siad whilst in charge of notts county the difference between the old chaddy and the seated was palpable the old chaddy used to suck the ball into the net