Disabled season ticket holders

Hi

Just thought I would let all disabled season ticket holders know that the club have changed the way this season's ticket works.

Most will know that the club have charged for a disabled ticket for around 15 years, before that they used to let wheelchairs users etc into the ground free of charge.

When a fee was introduced the ticket would allow entry to all league games for the season and also pre-season friendlies and any cup games that we might be involved in.

For some reason the club have not informed any of the disabled supporters who purchased this seasons ticket that a change was being made. This season's ticket will be like a regular one and will allow entry to the league games, any friendies or cup games will be charged at a concession rate.

Personally I dont have a problem with the move to charge for the extra games, it brings our ticket into line with all the other supporters at the club.

I do however feel that the club should have informed everyone who was renewing or buying this seasons ticket that a major change was being made.

After pointing out that nobody was told about the changes to the ticket the club are going to contact everyone who has bought a ticket but with Tuesdays friendly not far away they have left it way to late in my opinion.

Therefore anybody who is heading down to bp for the friendlies make sure you take some cash with you or you wont be getting in, I believe the concession price is £5.

I understand its not the price that is the problem, but simply not being informed properly about the change. Perfect opportunity at the open evenings you attended.

Would be nice to know how much club income this will generate over the course of two friendlies, one definite cup game against boro!.....and DKs imminent cup run!!!!

I understand its not the price that is the problem, but simply not being informed properly about the change. Perfect opportunity at the open evenings you attended.

Would be nice to know how much club income this will generate over the course of two friendlies, one definite cup game against boro!.....and DKs imminent cup run!!!!

Not being informed is the problem in my eyes. Maybe I am on my own and all the other disabled season tickets holders will be happy to find out that this season will incur extra outlay.

At the moment the club seem to have some very good ideas for making the matchday experience better and I applaud them for some of the ideas that are now being implemented but they still seem to have the habit of making a cockup when it could be quite easily avoided.

I believe the price for the friendlies will be £5 and possibly £12 for the Boro game.

One thing that I do hope the club have done is informed the disabled liaison officer Ron Cassidy about this change to the ticket or come Tuesday night he will no doubt be in the firing line yet again.

I've just checked with Ron. He was informed about the season ticket changes, by the club, on Friday.

If any one has any questions I can pass them on.

Thanks

This is part of the problem, Ron gets told about the change months after the tickets have been sold. How about the club have a bit of decency and inform the supporters and Ron that there was a change on the ticket before they where purchased. Today the club posted admission prices for the Bolton game and guess what ?? No mention of prices for disabled. Come on Latics these cockups are so easy to avoid !

I take a wheelchair user to quite a few games and we get in for free. stewards just open the gate for us. so for cup games just try that.

Think your days of a free ride will be over when the club read this post and rightly so.

Does that mean now that a disabled person has to pay for there carer to when attending the games?

Off the top of my head the season ticket for both disabled and carer were £180 each on the early bird deal and £225 each after the cut off.

I think carers can still gain free entry when accompanying disabled fans to home games with prepaid tickets proving disability at purchase.

Off the top of my head the season ticket for both disabled and carer were £180 each on the early bird deal and £225 each after the cut off.

I think carers can still gain free entry when accompanying disabled fans to home games with prepaid tickets proving disability at purchase.

I've just had a response from Ron confirming that this is all correct. Ta

• 3 weeks later...

I heard at the game last night that carers will now be charged £12 when accompanying disabled supporters to games, this doesn't directly affect me but that makes us the only club in League 1 that makes a carer pay to attend a game.

I find that a strange backwards decision to make, I cant think of one reason why our own supporters and those of visiting fans would be discriminated against in this way.

In a recent report released by the Shadow secretary of state for culture, media and sport it found that disabled fans were being failed by football clubs, this I feel is more proof of that.

Edited by yarddog73

Got in yesterday for disabled and carer the guy on the turnstile didn't have a clue. Normally it's concession price which, a friend in front entered for 5 pound with a student card. So I was expecting that price but was charged 5 pound each. Not really bothered still made a saving ended up going through the big gate. Really disappointed if a carer is now being charged as many league 1 clubs do carers for free

So some people have paid nothing to watch a game,some or being charged £5 for disabled supporter and £5 for the carer and now there is talk of carer being charged £12 (on top of the disabled supporters season ticket?). Serious lack of communication between different departments at latics, get this sorted then notify the fans. Which should have been arranged prior to the season kicking off, as purchasing a season ticket then changing the conditions without notification is just poor.

I think some clubs charged the disabled fan while others choose the charge the carer. The ideal scenario is both disabled fan and carer follow latics and split the cost between them ?

I agree that the implementation of these new charges has been a total disaster, caused unrest with the fans because the club sold the season tickets for the same price but did not bother to inform people that they where going to charge for friendlies and cup games. The season starts and nobody has got a clue with the charging policy all over the place with some being charged and others getting in for nothing. Rumours are also doing the rounds that the club intend to charge Blue badge holders £5 a game when the new car park is finished. If this is true it is a disgusting decision because unlike able bodied who can decide park away from the ground and walk in, most disabled need to park close or they would be unable to attend.

Some clarity and an explanation on the clubs website would help, as it stands the website needs updating to include the new price structure.

I appreciate they wont like the bad publicity of being the only League 1 club to charge both the disabled fan and the carer but you cant hide the fact, with another 2500 seats this season its not like there is a shortage of seats for carers to use.

It does say on the Fleetwood website that there are eight wheelchair spaces available and wheelchair user will be charged but the carer is free. So going off that Latics are not charging both just the disabled supporter.

They are charging the carer (£12) at the ticket office as well as the disabled supporter (£22), after ringing Shrewsbury ticket office they have been told to charge disabled adults £22 and the carer £12, like I say it needs clarifying.