Scotland trip

Fruitygoo

Having a week mooching around around scotland crashing in the car or camping. Got the obvious places (loch ness / john o groats) on the list of places to visit buf wondered if anyone knows any decent sights or roads to visit?

Not really looking for museums or citiea or anything like that, just rural places of beauty

Cheers :)

The West coast is a fantastic place to visit, but watch out for the midges. Whenever I have travelled in Scotland I find it best to just take it day to day and not really plan. Rock up somewhere spend the night, then move on stopping whenever I feel like it. If you get decent weather you wont be disappointed.

Try a distillery tour, malt of course. And then sample the delights. If you get chance to visit one of the islands I would say go for it, they are beautiful places.

cheers for everything so far chaps! She's not happy that I'm forcing us to come home a day earlier than expected as to not miss a home match but I'm hoping we'll get a decent enough 'rough plan' to take her mind off it :laught30:

Never been to Arthur Seat even though i've visited the city a couple of times but we do have plans in future for a couple of days in Edinburgh so i'll add that to my other list :)

Edited by Fruitygoo

Second the Glencoe drive. Spectacular roads, you forget and think you're in Canada for a second. Ends up in Fort William where you can continue and drive around Ben Nevis. Beautiful.

Also recommend Oban and the coast around there. I have family there and could do with you dropping a Christmas present off for me.