John Sheridan is the new Newport manager

Very surprising that he has taken this job, as he left Plymouth to be closer to his family who still reside in south Yorkshire. Mutual departure was the phrased used in the local; press at the time as his contract had run out and wasn't going to be renewed.

Wasn't loved by the Plymouth fans down here even after guiding them to safety in his first few months of joining the club when they was in the relegation zone when he took over, flirting with the play offs during the following season and then guiding them to the play offs in his last season at Home park. where they lost to Wycombe.

From the Plymouth fans that I know down here most didn't like his managerial style or the tactics employed, not moving his family down to the south west didn't endear him to the green army as he was spending most of his time commuting to and from South Yorkshire.

Argyle are doing very well under Derek Adams now though their playing some really attractive, attacking football, scoring goals and have made some really astute signings. (Remind me why I still support Latics lol)

why did he leave Plymouth?

Because he wanted to work back up north with his family I believe. I suppose Newport is a good couple of hours north of Plymouth!

Didn't expect this, although I think Newport have a bit more money now after the takeover and I think their new chief executive was with him at Plymouth.

Very surprising that he has taken this job, as he left Plymouth to be closer to his family who still reside in south Yorkshire. Mutual departure was the phrased used in the local; press at the time as his contract had run out and wasn't going to be renewed.

Wasn't loved by the Plymouth fans down here even after guiding them to safety in his first few months of joining the club when they was in the relegation zone when he took over, flirting with the play offs during the following season and then guiding them to the play offs in his last season at Home park. where they lost to Wycombe.

From the Plymouth fans that I know down here most didn't like his managerial style or the tactics employed, not moving his family down to the south west didn't endear him to the green army as he was spending most of his time commuting to and from South Yorkshire.

Argyle are doing very well under Derek Adams now though their playing some really attractive, attacking football, scoring goals and have made some really astute signings. (Remind me why I still support Latics lol)

Hi Cornish

Are you going to the Devon derby in the JPT on Tuesday? If both teams win this weekend it should be a cracker.

To be honest Mighty I have never been to an Argyle game when Oldham haven't been playing at Home Park. a few of my mates when the green army are doing well try and badger me to come along, as of yet I have resisted. My loyalties are blue!!!

The Devon derby is always a feisty affair, as are the matches when the Bristol clubs come to town.

Both teams are going well and it should be a great game and atmosphere.