• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha shows how clueless you are really.

We gave him a trial playing him in midfield and signed him based off that performance announcing him as a midfielder you know it all :censored: wit! It might be difficult but don't be a :censored: all the time!

We gave him a trial playing him in midfield and signed him based off that performance announcing him as a midfielder you know it all :censored: wit! It might be difficult but don't be a :censored: all the time!

We signed Ian Marshall as a centrehalf does that mean he couldn't play as a striker because we signed him as a defender? Thought not.

Diengs far from the finished article but every game he has played at the back this season he has been one of our better performers, if you can't see that than your the :censored:wit.

Ian Marshall was brought through the youth ranks at Everton and signed professional forms as a defender so that makes it his natural position, its what learned growing up. It happened later on that he found he could also play centre forward because he was adaptable and a top player.

Paul Warhurst made a career playing in his natural position as a defender and was very successful. He nearly made the England squad as a forward but didn't like playing up front as he was a defender.

Our defence has been total :censored: this season! That's why Brian Wilson look so good at centre half even though Latics & Notts County didn't want him 3/4 months ago.

Dieng is a decent player who hapens to be playing at the back most of the time but he is a midfielder. After 300 games is Chris Taylor a natural left winger where we constantly played or right winger?

Players can do OK outside their natural position.....it doesn't mean its natural.

Edited by palmer1

Ian Marshall was brought through the youth ranks at Everton and signed professional forms as a defender so that makes it his natural position, its what learned growing up. It happened later on that he found he could also play centre forward because he was adaptable and a top player.

Paul Warhurst made a career playing in his natural position as a defender and was very successful. He nearly made the England squad as a forward but didn't like playing up front as he was a defender.

Our defence has been total :censored: this season! That's why Brian Wilson look so good at centre half even though Latics & Notts County didn't want him 3/4 months ago.

Dieng is a decent player who hapens to be playing at the back most of the time but he is a midfielder. After 300 games is Chris Taylor a natural left winger where we constantly played or right winger?

Players can do OK outside their natural position.....it doesn't mean its natural.

What was Gareth Southgates natural position then? Started his career off as a midfielder yet carved out a great career as a centrehalf, wherever Dieng ends up I'd hazard a guess he ends up playing as a defender at an higher level he is playing now. Edited by yarddog73

What was Gareth Southgates natural position then? Started his career off as a midfielder yet carved out a great career as a centrehalf, wherever Dieng ends up I'd bet hazard a guess he ends up playing as a defender at an higher level he is playing now.

Dieng will not be a defender at a higher level guranteed.

Watch his next centre half performance more carefully and you will see that he is caught out of position often. He gets caught under the ball more than he should & he his main issue is ball watching (see gets caught out of position) which he does alot. At centre half he would get destroyed in the Championship.

What the :censored: have you seen that says he will move up a level?

Although he played in midfield last home game he was skinned out of his boots on the byline leading to a Barnsley goal? Centre half's can't get beat like that.

I bet you thought Kieron Lee was a Championship full back as well. Natural position midfield by the way!

Edited by palmer1

Dieng will not be a defender at a higher level guranteed.

Watch his next centre half performance more carefully and you will see that he is caught out of position often. He gets caught under the ball more than he should & he his main issue is ball watching (see gets caught out of position) which he does alot. At centre half he would get destroyed in the Championship.

What the :censored: have you seen that says he will move up a level?

Although he played in midfield last home game he was skinned out of his boots on the byline leading to a Barnsley goal? Centre half's can't get beat like that.

I bet you thought Kieron Lee was a Championship full back as well. Natural position midfield by the way!

Time will tell, its all about opinions.

Time will tell, its all about opinions.

He isn't playing regularly here for the same reasons. He needs to improve massively to even be classed as a first choice at Latics never mind a level above. Brian Wilson us ahead of him ffs!

Edited by palmer1

He isn't playing regularly here for the same reasons. He needs to improve massively to even be classed as a first choice at Latics never mind a level above. Brian Wilson us ahead of him ffs!

The fact B Wilson at centrehalf and Brown at rightback are selected in front of him says more about Dunn than it does about Diengs ability.

Don't forget Johnson & Kelly didn't pick him either. They managed him before Dunn lol.

Quickly make it all about Dunn rather than Diengs massive limitations!

If he was good enough he would have been a regular by now. Approaching 2 years and he isn't. Can't blame Dunn for that one you clown!

What have you seen that says 'Championship player'? Tarky was twice the player that Dieng is & he had to go to the championship with Brentford via league 1 because of issues spotted in his game. Dieng isn't even close to that!

Edited by palmer1

Don't forget Johnson & Kelly didn't pick him either. They managed him before Dunn lol.

Quickly make it all about Dunn rather than Diengs massive limitations!

If he was good enough he would have been a regular by now. Approaching 2 years and he isn't. Can't blame Dunn for that one you clown!

What have you seen that say ' Championship player' Tarky was twice the player that Dieng is & he had to go to the championship with Brentford via league 1 because of issues spotted in his game. Dieng isn't even close to that!

Yes because I compared Dieng to Tarky didn"t I.

Dieng needs games to develop, I rate him get over it, as for Dunn less said the better.

Yes because I compared Dieng to Tarky didn"t I.

Dieng needs games to develop, I rate him get over it, as for Dunn less said the better.

I compared them! It's the standard Diengs needs to play at to reach the level above!!!

How did this start? Oh right haha clueless!!!

Edited by palmer1

Time will tell, if Grounds can play week in week out in that division theres hope for Dieng yet.

Not even gonna start with this one!

Please keep the unnecessary insults to yourself & I will stop telling you why all your favourite players are :censored:!

Not even gonna start with this one!

Please keep the unnecessary insults to yourself & I will stop telling you why all your favourite players are :censored:!

Are you David Dunns mini me?

Like I give a :censored: if you think they are :censored:, plenty of players not rated by numpties like you have gone on to better things, your opinions worth the same as mine so crack on putting me right if it floats your boat.

Just out of interest, where do you stand on our football genius manager, being the font of all knowledge, next England manager?

Like I give a :censored: if you think they are :censored:, plenty of players not rated by numpties like you have gone on to better things, your opinions worth the same as mine so crack on putting me right if it floats your boat.

Just out of interest, where do you stand on our football genius manager, being the font of all knowledge, next England manager?

Yarddog 73 just give it a bleeding rest.

I think that Palmer1 together with others has a much more accurate appreciation of the better players than you have have illustrated to date

I think that Palmer1 together with others has a much more accurate appreciation of the better players than you have have illustrated to date

Do I take that seriously from someone who is founder of the Danny Philliskirk appreciation society?

I will tell you one thing I told you all Dunn was the wrong man and would take us down whilst you good judges where right up his arse, was I right on that one then? Everyones jumping on the bandwagon now aren't they!!!

Bringing up Dunn again because Dieng is :censored:e & you have not once argued otherwise! Not once have you told me why you rate him? I'm not really sure you actually know why lol

You then bring up Grounds not being good enough for the Championship even though he is a regular in a Birmingham side that were top 6 as of this morning....in the Championship!

You really are a moron pal! Anybody can just throw insults about like you do but it takes a real :censored:in idiot to not back up any off his opinions and try to turn every argument about David Dunn so you can moan about the same bleeding thing.

Plenty of posts about Dunn from me in here. If you are that interested look them up!

Next time you post something just finish it with...coz I sed so innit! That way people won't ask you to give actual reasons for your opinion on messageboard where opions are debated. :)

Edited by palmer1

I find it best to just ignore half the :censored:e posted on here. Not worth the hassle - I even feel Yarddog has dragged down Palmer1 to his level as Palmer is usually a poster with good reason but guess he's just fed up with the :censored:e he reads on here.

Do I take that seriously from someone who is founder of the Danny Philliskirk appreciation society?

Danny Philliskirk who plays every week? Danny Philliskirk who is our top goalscorer? Danny Philliskirk who plays ahead of Winchester?

If you are trying to take the discussion down that route (again) you are going to lose the argument (again.) Werent your posts about Dieng and Grounds?

Or are you going to lose that argument too so want to change the direction of the discussion.