How has this lad managed to be dropped from a team thats let in 7 goals in two games?

For me he was our stand out player in September yet finds himself an unused sub when we have a player on the park as poor as Connor Brown, it really is poor judgement on Dunns part and for me his :censored:e play killed any positives we may have gained early on today. We have a composed assured right back on the bench yet continue to play an absoloute mug at right back, why manager after manager continues with him is a mystery to me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet he was the only source for crosses in the second half for us...I'm fairly sure they were in the box too, just no chuffer to get onto them.

Was croft subded because he was injured?

Subbed or subdued? If the former, it was because he was :censored:. If the latter, I didn't notice anything over and above the usual.

I'm sure he must be able to see ghosts because I've got no idea which :censored:er he's seemingly passing to most of the time.

Subbed or subdued? If the former, it was because he was :censored:. If the latter, I didn't notice anything over and above the usual.

I'm sure he must be able to see ghosts because I've got no idea which :censored:er he's seemingly passing to most of the time.

Damn iPad..subbed...hehe

Croft, Brown and Philliskirk are just not good enough. Add to that potentially a few loanees and you're carrying far too many passengers.

Even more amazing considering we have better players on the bench ie. Winchester, Dieng, Dunn, Eckersley, Yeates etc.

He's a solid player, one of our better ones but it's almost like he's kept on the bench on the basis he can cover all of the defence and play in midfield if needed but then rarely gets on at all.

Utter madness.

Start him alongside James Wilson & leave the usually disappointing Burn on the bench.

Edited by HarryBosch

He's a solid player, one of our better ones but it's almost like he's kept on the bench on the basis he can cover all of the defence and play in midfield if needed but then rarely gets on at all.

Utter madness.

Start him alongside James Wilson & leave the usually disappointing Burn on the bench.

Unfortunately he's not dominant in the air from set pieces either, but a better bet than Burn, who often is caught on his heels.

I know I go on but how good was this lad when he came on today, dropped from rightback for conman Brown he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for Dale next week, composed, assured and real quality on the ball. Could be the best centre half on the books given half a chance.

Wilson and Dieng had a cracking run together last season at CB. Really like him in there and Burn has been a mistake or red card in the making for weeks. After a good start he is looking slow and his lunges forward were painful to watch. Dieng needs to take his chance next week but the Burnley lads and Wilson alongside him has the makings of a cracking defence with and without the ball.

Quick mention for Dummigan, who was absolute class today. So refreshing to see his enthusiasm, ability on the ball and reading of the game.

I know I go on but how good was this lad when he came on today, dropped from rightback for conman Brown he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for Dale next week, composed, assured and real quality on the ball. Could be the best centre half on the books given half a chance.

He showed every bit of this when he partnered Wilson last season. So composed and comfortable at centre back or right back.

I think they'll be trying to bring a centre back in this week but personally, I'd be starting Dieng there.

You feel embarrassed as a supporter that he's come here from France & been criminally underused by successive managers.

What must he be thinking of Oldham Athletic?

He'll be another who'll go on to have a great career at levels above ours.

I really feel for him, like you said - underused by successive managers and what a talented player he is.

Makes you wonder though, will he ever be noticed by teams above ours when he's not given game time, carries on as the situations been going he could end up back in France fed up with how bad he's had it over here.

• 1 month later...

How did this lad do today in his natural position? Didn't go so can't comment but been waiting for him to get his chance.

More solid than James Wilson who made a few mistakes

Did he play at the back? His natural position is midfield. We signed him as a midfielder and have given him only a handful of chances there. He was :censored: the other week though..