I find it best to just ignore half the :censored:e posted on here. Not worth the hassle - I even feel Yarddog has dragged down Palmer1 to his level as Palmer is usually a poster with good reason but guess he's just fed up with the :censored:e he reads on here.

That's exactly it!

Sick of just posting a question or an opinion and being insulted by idiots!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing up Dunn again because Dieng is :censored:e & you have not once argued otherwise! Not once have you told me why you rate him? I'm not really sure you actually know why lol

You then bring up Grounds not being good enough for the Championship even though he is a regular in a Birmingham side that were top 6 as of this morning....in the Championship!

You really are a moron pal! Anybody can just throw insults about like you do but it takes a real :censored:in idiot to not back up any off his opinions and try to turn every argument about David Dunn so you can moan about the same bleeding thing.

Plenty of posts about Dunn from me in here. If you are that interested look them up!

Next time you post something just finish is with...coz I sed so innit! That way people won't ask you to give actual reasons for your opinion on messageboard where opions are debated. :)

Like I've said before muppet I don't have to give reasons for an opinion, it is what it is, I have already posted this previously but you keep asking me to back something up when I don't have to, I know that me having a different opinion to you is a difficult concept for you to understand but thats life, get over it and jog on. I rate a player you don't even you being the simpleton that you are can get that.

Danny Philliskirk who plays every week? Danny Philliskirk who is our top goalscorer? Danny Philliskirk who plays ahead of Winchester?

If you are trying to take the discussion down that route (again) you are going to lose the argument (again.) Werent your posts about Dieng and Grounds?

Or are you going to lose that argument too so want to change the direction of the discussion.

Don't start the Philliskirk/Winchester debate up again. One's a midfielder and one's a striker...

Danny Philliskirk who plays every week? Danny Philliskirk who is our top goalscorer? Danny Philliskirk who plays ahead of Winchester?

If you are trying to take the discussion down that route (again) you are going to lose the argument (again.) Werent your posts about Dieng and Grounds?

Or are you going to lose that argument too so want to change the direction of the discussion.

If I refer to another player or reference them it doesn't mean I'm trying to change the discussion, this whole 'debate' started because I had the audacity to claim Diengs natural position was as a defender, a page and half later and I still feel it is.

As for you wanting to justify my claim Dieng will end up playing at an higher level you should read what I actually wrote which was that I'd hazard a guess he will play at an higher level, plenty of players many fans thought were not given opportunities at BP have gone on to carve out decent careers away from BP, I think Dieng could be one of them.

Edited by yarddog73

Ian Marshall was brought through the youth ranks at Everton and signed professional forms as a defender so that makes it his natural position, its what learned growing up. It happened later on that he found he could also play centre forward because he was adaptable and a top player.

Paul Warhurst made a career playing in his natural position as a defender and was very successful. He nearly made the England squad as a forward but didn't like playing up front as he was a defender.

Our defence has been total :censored: this season! That's why Brian Wilson look so good at centre half even though Latics & Notts County didn't want him 3/4 months ago.

Dieng is a decent player who hapens to be playing at the back most of the time but he is a midfielder. After 300 games is Chris Taylor a natural left winger where we constantly played or right winger?

Players can do OK outside their natural position.....it doesn't mean its natural.

Ian Wood centre forward to full back, Muarice Whittle midfield to full back, Vic Halom centre forward to midfield.

Mills as a striker? we will be gaurenteed 20 penalties a season.

Edited by BP1960

If I refer to another player or reference them it doesn't mean I'm trying to change the discussion, this whole 'debate' started because I had the audacity to claim Diengs natural position was as a defender, a page and half later and I still feel it is.

As for you wanting to justify my claim Dieng will end up playing at an higher level you should read what I actually wrote which was that I'd hazard a guess he will play at an higher level, plenty of players many fans thought were not given opportunities at BP have gone on to carve out decent careers away from BP, I think Dieng could be one of them.

That's much better on the eye to read.

I will tell you one thing I told you all Dunn was the wrong man and would take us down whilst you good judges where right up his arse, was I right on that one then? Everyones jumping on the bandwagon now aren't they!!!

I'm warming to more of your opinions in recent times (and there are a lot of them!). And I now agree with you that Dunn shouldn't be our manager.

But you've totally missed the point that everyone else made on Dunn. I can't think of one fan who was delighted about Dunn being in charge, but people wanted to give him a chance because he was/is more suited to the job than Kelly and because Corney wasn't going to hire anyone proven and showed with Kelly that his judgement wasn't great. Also they supported him because he's the manager of our club!! They gave him a chance to prove himself, you didn't. You seem borderline gleeful that he is failing.

I have nothing personal against Dunn for failing at this job, it's a :censored:ing nightmare of a job if you want to succeed. That doesn't mean I think he's the right man for it or the messiah.

I'm warming to more of your opinions in recent times (and there are a lot of them!). And I now agree with you that Dunn shouldn't be our manager.

But you've totally missed the point that everyone else made on Dunn. I can't think of one fan who was delighted about Dunn being in charge, but people wanted to give him a chance because he was/is more suited to the job than Kelly and because Corney wasn't going to hire anyone proven and showed with Kelly that his judgement wasn't great. Also they supported him because he's the manager of our club!! They gave him a chance to prove himself, you didn't. You seem borderline gleeful that he is failing.

I have nothing personal against Dunn for failing at this job, it's a :censored:ing nightmare of a job if you want to succeed. That doesn't mean I think he's the right man for it or the messiah.

As someone who has a season ticket and attends 80% of our away games I get little pleasure in watching us fail. We all want success or a modicum of it but I would just be happy to have a humble guy managing us who cares enough about the club not to have his own agenda, who supports our young players enough to play them and to see what OAFC is all about before he wants to put his 'stamp' on everything, I just dont see it with Dunn, never have and probably never will.

As someone who has a season ticket and attends 80% of our away games I get little pleasure in watching us fail. We all want success or a modicum of it but I would just be happy to have a humble guy managing us who cares enough about the club not to have his own agenda, who supports our young players enough to play them and to see what OAFC is all about before he wants to put his 'stamp' on everything, I just dont see it with Dunn, never have and probably never will.

What is his agenda?

Do I take that seriously from someone who is founder of the Danny Philliskirk appreciation society?

I will tell you one thing I told you all Dunn was the wrong man and would take us down whilst you good judges where right up his arse, was I right on that one then? Everyones jumping on the bandwagon now aren't they!!!

I and others are certainly not jumping on any bandwagon. I have said all along that I am prepared to give Dunn time in the role - and (at the risk of getting shot down in flames) I will continue to back him.

What is his agenda?

I would class rocking up at BP, letting everyone know all you want to do is play, when the reality is you are secretly plotting behind our then new managers back because you have one foot in his office as having an agenda.

Rather than sorting out the so called mess Kelly left behind he has been devisive, arrogant and generally clueless in his approach to being our manager and if anything has caused more harm than good.

I would class rocking up at BP, letting everyone know all you want to do is play, when the reality is you are secretly plotting behind our then new managers back because you have one foot in his office as having an agenda.

Rather than sorting out the so called mess Kelly left behind he has been devisive, arrogant and generally clueless in his approach to being our manager and if anything has caused more harm than good.

Was he plotting then? Not more a case of the board knowing they had dropped a bollock with Kelly?

Was he plotting then? Not more a case of the board knowing they had dropped a bollock with Kelly?

People will make there own minds up on that, whichever way you want to dress it up it was an unhealthy and destabilising situation one that we are still suffering from now.

People will make there own minds up on that, whichever way you want to dress it up it was an unhealthy and destabilising situation one that we are still suffering from now.

So what's his motives then seeing as you're so clued up on what he's done to get where he is now?

Just to clarify, he didn't get the job in the summer so talked his way into a playing contract just so he could work from the inside to destabilise Kelly's position leading to him getting the sack and Dunn being the only one who could take it on? That your take on it?

So what's he doing now then? Because if he's so clever and scheming for his own benefit the surely he could see he's got a great out without damaging himself or his managerial career? All he needs to do is resign blaming the lack of funds, players not getting paid, stand not being finished, club generally in turmoil.

Instead he keeps going, talking as if he's here for he long term (he's risking personal failure more the longer he carries on), dropping great players because he doesn't like them (although as soon as they're back from injury they're back in the team), not playing our outstanding youth team players (despite 4 or 5 being in the squad yesterday) and generally making sure the players are instructed to do no attacking whatsoever. That is seemingly what you think is going on. So why is he doing all that? What's his motive now?

The football isn't great, confidence low, results awful. No denying it. But the players need to stand up and take some responsibility. It doesn't all lie at Dunn's door despite you having a personal vendetta against him.

So what's his motives then seeing as you're so clued up on what he's done to get where he is now?

Just to clarify, he didn't get the job in the summer so talked his way into a playing contract just so he could work from the inside to destabilise Kelly's position leading to him getting the sack and Dunn being the only one who could take it on? That your take on it?

So what's he doing now then? Because if he's so clever and scheming for his own benefit the surely he could see he's got a great out without damaging himself or his managerial career? All he needs to do is resign blaming the lack of funds, players not getting paid, stand not being finished, club generally in turmoil.

Instead he keeps going, talking as if he's here for he long term (he's risking personal failure more the longer he carries on), dropping great players because he doesn't like them (although as soon as they're back from injury they're back in the team), not playing our outstanding youth team players (despite 4 or 5 being in the squad yesterday) and generally making sure the players are instructed to do no attacking whatsoever. That is seemingly what you think is going on. So why is he doing all that? What's his motive now?

The football isn't great, confidence low, results awful. No denying it. But the players need to stand up and take some responsibility. It doesn't all lie at Dunn's door despite you having a personal vendetta against him.

You mean the same players Dunn has told us are :censored: and he is clearing them out in January? Vendettas a strong word, I just don't like the bloke and the way he has behaved. Add to that the dire boring football theres a good chance hr will take us down playing like that is tactically clueless and its difficult to see what he actually offers.

You mean the same players Dunn has told us are :censored: and he is clearing them out in January? Vendettas a strong word, I just don't like the bloke and the way he has behaved. Add to that the dire boring football theres a good chance hr will take us down playing like that is tactically clueless and its difficult to see what he actually offers.

You don't like Dunn? No one would ever guess, your comments have always been reasonable and balanced where Dunn is concerned. I'd say vendetta is spot on.

Vendetta is strong, but I'm pretty sure you've said elsewhere that there's nothing Dunn could do that would make you back him. Which is vendetta territory! Also, when you talk about how he's behaved is that how you think he's behaved? Are you able to back up what you've accused him of with facts or just your opinion?

I went to Swindon away and that was far from dire, boring football. I also went to Barnsley at home where for most of the 2nd half it was far from dire, boring football. Gillingham away (I didn't go) by all accounts was far from dire, boring football.

He's had us playing well in patches, just far too small and far too infrequent patches.

And to call you on the :censored: player clear out comment, he hasn't said that has he? He's questioned some attitudes. Which is completely fair.

https://laticslowdown.wordpress.com/2015/12/09/timothee-dieng-unsung-hero/

I would wager who ever wrote this blog read this thread first...

Brilliant passing? :censored:in when? What we need in our defence at the moment are good solid defenders. Dieng needs vast improvement to make that grade along with others.

*edit typing quickly in here instead of working

When Lee Johnson said that Timothée Dieng could take the league by storm before the start of the season last year, I think most Oldham fans were bemused.

The bemusement continued as his début season was decent but unimpressive. There were a few good performances and a few mistakes and shakiness, nothing to set the world alight as Johnson had suggested.

Of course, it must have been hard to stand out when you were the fifth signing in a month after Joseph Mills, Mike Jones, Brian Wilson and Liam Kelly.

Dieng is still improving as a player as we see this season with much more composed performances for Latics, including an impressive display against Sheffield United at the weekend in which the rest of the defence was dismal.

Diengs composure on the ball, as well as his ability to play brilliant passes, is something that we are missing from our back four. We have lacked a forward-thinking centre-half since James Tarkowski left in 2014.

It is important to note that Tarkowski and Dieng are the same age; as much as Tarkowski was not the finished product when we let him go, neither was Dieng when we brought him in.

He only made his first senior league appearance for Brest two months before we signed him in July 2014.

Dieng made 25 appearances for the Latics last season, performing well in a variety of positions: as a holding midfielder, centre-half, and full-back.

It is this versatility and adaptability which makes him increasingly useful as injuries and suspensions build up against the squad.

Playing him alongside James Wilson in a back four against Sheffield United seemed to be a perfect fit for him; it was just a shame that Wilson could not replicate Diengs performance.

However, Wilson has been a victim of an ever-changing back four over the course of this season due to injuries, suspensions and new signings. Perhaps making the two a permanent partnership might help build some chemistry in the defence and facilitate better and more reliable defending.

Dieng has made 16 appearances already this season, the seventh highest number of appearances of any player in the Oldham squad.

His appearances need to be made more consistent, he cannot be seen as just a utility replacement man anymore; he has earned a starting spot in the team and has been one of the few players to perform at a consistently high level this season.

Looking forward, Dieng will be key to plugging the holes in the defence and could be a big player for Latics in their quest to avoid relegation this season.

Edited by palmer1

https://laticslowdown.wordpress.com/2015/12/09/timothee-dieng-unsung-hero/

I would wager who ever wrote this thread this thread first...

Brilliant passing? :censored:in when? What we need in our defence at the moment are good solud defenders. Dieng needs vast improvement to make that grade along with others.

When Lee Johnson said that Timothée Dieng could take the league by storm before the start of the season last year, I think most Oldham fans were bemused.

The bemusement continued as his début season was decent but unimpressive. There were a few good performances and a few mistakes and shakiness, nothing to set the world alight as Johnson had suggested.

Of course, it must have been hard to stand out when you were the fifth signing in a month after Joseph Mills, Mike Jones, Brian Wilson and Liam Kelly.

Dieng is still improving as a player as we see this season with much more composed performances for Latics, including an impressive display against Sheffield United at the weekend in which the rest of the defence was dismal.

Diengs composure on the ball, as well as his ability to play brilliant passes, is something that we are missing from our back four. We have lacked a forward-thinking centre-half since James Tarkowski left in 2014.

It is important to note that Tarkowski and Dieng are the same age; as much as Tarkowski was not the finished product when we let him go, neither was Dieng when we brought him in.

He only made his first senior league appearance for Brest two months before we signed him in July 2014.

Dieng made 25 appearances for the Latics last season, performing well in a variety of positions: as a holding midfielder, centre-half, and full-back.

It is this versatility and adaptability which makes him increasingly useful as injuries and suspensions build up against the squad.

Playing him alongside James Wilson in a back four against Sheffield United seemed to be a perfect fit for him; it was just a shame that Wilson could not replicate Diengs performance.

However, Wilson has been a victim of an ever-changing back four over the course of this season due to injuries, suspensions and new signings. Perhaps making the two a permanent partnership might help build some chemistry in the defence and facilitate better and more reliable defending.

Dieng has made 16 appearances already this season, the seventh highest number of appearances of any player in the Oldham squad.

His appearances need to be made more consistent, he cannot be seen as just a utility replacement man anymore; he has earned a starting spot in the team and has been one of the few players to perform at a consistently high level this season.

Looking forward, Dieng will be key to plugging the holes in the defence and could be a big player for Latics in their quest to avoid relegation this season.

Not me but its nice to know others can see a player with potential.

Edited by yarddog73