Junior Takeover

I think in the light of all the football club events of recent weeks and months, it is easy to overlook some of the good things our club does. I include myself in that.

The Junior Takeover was a fantastic initiative, and I should imagine a lot of work involved.

I think getting a letter like this would make it all worthwhile.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/heartening-letter-received-following-junior-takeover-2742961.aspx

Congratulations to all involved. Just a pity the young lad taking over CEO didn't sign a prolific striker whilst we had the chance... :wink:

Edited by singe

I think in the light of all the football club events of recent weeks and months, it is easy to overlook some of the good things our club does. I include myself in that.

The Junior Takeover was a fantastic initiative, and I should imagine a lot of work involved.

I think getting a letter like this would make it all worthwhile.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/heartening-letter-received-following-junior-takeover-2742961.aspx

Congratulations to all involved. Just a pity the young lad taking over CEO didn't sign a prolific striker whilst we had the chance... :wink:

Credit where it's due, I think the club is an absolute :censored:ing shambles generally, but this was a great initiative. To have one of the kids say that it was the best day of her life is fantastic and you can't knock giving kids that sort of opportunity.

Credit where it's due, I think the club is an absolute :censored:ing shambles generally, but this was a great initiative. To have one of the kids say that it was the best day of her life is fantastic and you can't knock giving kids that sort of opportunity.

Absolutely true.

As was mentioned in the letter, at least one will now be a supporter for life.

Just a couple more thousand to go!!!

My little brother was CEO, wasn't taking any phonecalls at full time when I noticed he was sat behind Barry Owen...

Add to that, I coach a Boundary Park team and one of the lads came to me at training explaining that the club have given free tickets to anyone in his school that wanted one, and their family members if they wanted some - think theirs a maximum amount but building partnerships at primary schools in oldham is what this club also needs. Good on em.

... the club have given free tickets to anyone in his school that wanted one, and their family members if they wanted some - think theirs a maximum amount but building partnerships at primary schools in oldham is what this club also needs. Good on em.

Pretty much how I got hooked 35 or so years ago!