Retirement announcement

To my fellow predictors and all the fans out there:

It is with regret that I am announcing my retirement from the Prediction League. I know this will come as a shock to many of you, but be brave.

I bow out having just become Champion for the second time, and having played a massive part in making this league the premium prediction competition on the OWTB message board.

When I started out, I was absolute garbage at predicting - a total disgrace, like many of you are now - but I was determined. My eventual success is testament to my go-hard-or-go-home application, never-say-die attitude and bouncebackability. My resilience, even the face of the most ludicrous disciplinary decisions, is now legendary. I just hope it rubs off on some of the try-hards and mid-table mediocrities like rudemedic, who was good enough to congratulate me via Twitter on my latest triumph. (Thanks, Rude, it means a lot.)

I thank my fellow Champions like Dave Collinge and Ex_pat. Whatever the administrators might think, they are the true guardians of this great competition. I fully expect those two to win more titles. They will now be hollow victories, but victories all the same.

The epic helicopter Sunday battles with Joe P and nzlatic will live long in my memory, and it was a pleasure to beat them into submission attritionally. They might never recover, but what's a title worth if you don't have top-quality opposition like them?

Finally I thank Stevie J and Pete for all their hard work. Call it a theater of the absurd if you like. Call it the most pointless thing on the planet. But to the players and fans it's the realest thing there is.

All the best

24hoursfromtulsehill

PS. Want to know how it's done? 11v11 for the attendances. Predictz and scorepredictor for results, half-times and full-times. It might seem counter-intuitive, but even at OAFC the striker is in the POMO the most times of any team member. That's your first scorer. Always check the team news when it comes in. Don't chop and change anything when you don't have an absolutely brilliant reason. Your first instinct is your best instinct. Good luck.