Protest, yay or may?

Protest  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the protest by a section of fans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

That "Islamic ray guns" thing was a rather funny meme, until you actually paid attention to what the drunken semi-literate fool was saying. Whilst he was quoted with the preceeding statement, it's clear to the open minded observer that he was saying "Islamic rape gangs". It might be amusing to mock his badly articulated statement, but was it untrue to suggest gangs of men who were supposed believers in Islam were committing multiple rape?

I think this is/was a cautionary event, even for liberals like myself. It's a good time to start asking questions rather than accepting vague answers.

That's the point. There may be questions to be asked but they need to be done so coherently and by somebody with a clear agenda. I don't really know anyone involved with the protest and it's not personal, but as with the herbert on the EDL March, it will invalidate valid questions to a lot of people because they're not being asked in the right way.

Rounding on them? Rather emotive .

The criticism - well articulated by nzlatic,Bristol and others, is fair and reasoned

Of course I'm not referring to the balanced criticisms of the action these guys are taking. I agree with most of that but not with the notion that everything's perfect and there are no questions to be answered.

But some of the stuff aimed at these guys has been pretty unpleasant, which is why they've misguidedly closed the group to other fans.

And that flyer from yesterday's game was dreadful.

Of course I'm not referring to the balanced criticisms of the action these guys are taking. I agree with most of that but not with the notion that everything's perfect and there are no questions to be answered.

But some of the stuff aimed at these guys has been pretty unpleasant, which is why they've misguidedly closed the group to other fans.

And that flyer from yesterday's game was dreadful.

Pretty much where I'm at.

I don't agree with the protest group in it's current form, but having a protest group to speak of is better than what we had previously, which was a lot of apathy.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Pretty much where I'm at.

I don't agree with the protest group in it's current form, but having a protest group to speak of is better than what we had previously, which was a lot of apathy.

I think most of us would like some basic questions answered about where revenue generated from the new stand goes to in terms of paying off the debt to build it against team strengthening etc. but personally I don't believe a protest group is the way to go about it. Without raking up a whole massive debate again about Trust Oldham, I believe it is they who should be able to answer those questions, and I mean in more detail than we got in that statement a few months ago about match day v non match day revenue.

I do find it a bit childish and laughable that those in the protest group believe that money is being 'stolen' from the club by TTA, OEC, Brassbank etc.