Apparently Dale Stephens could be on his way to Burnley if they miss out of Jeff hendrick. I was wondering if we would be due anything if he does move or have we already had a payout?

We sold him to Charlton... doubt we'll have that sort of rolling clause.

(Although I do believe they exist as I think Crewe have had one before.)

Apparently refused to play last week in a bid to force a move to Burnley. Sound familiar?

We might get a small amount out of the transfer, if our sell-on clause wth Charlton related to all future profits they receive and if they had a sell-on clause in the deal when he went to Brighton.

4% of any fee over £300k.

I think.

So, based purely on guesswork, if Brighton get £7.5m (they have apparently turned down an offer of £7m), having paid £2m (a complete guess) and Charlton had a 10% sell-on, they would get 10% of Brighton's profit, which would be £550,000 and we would get 4% of that, which would be £22,000.

Imagine how many impotent strikers we could bring in with that!

So, based purely on guesswork, if Brighton get £7.5m (they have apparently turned down an offer of £7m), having paid £2m (a complete guess) and Charlton had a 10% sell-on, they would get 10% of Brighton's profit, which would be £550,000 and we would get 4% of that, which would be £22,000.

Imagine how many impotent strikers we could bring in with that!

Or maybe even foot the bill for the many different sized shirts Lee Croft will wear this year.

so basically when we sold him, we had a clause that we would not only get a sell on fee but also a percentage of a charlton sell in fee if he moved on further down the line? Sounds confusing.

I anticipate the clause will be for a percentage of any money Charlton receive for him. So if we have a 20% sell on clause and they have a 20% sell on clause then we get 20% of their 20%.

As is pointed out elsewhere, our own percentage would be wittled down if Bury have the benefit of their own similar clause.

It's quite a good system really - I think there were a number of smaller clubs who stood to benefit if Vardy had been sold for the massive price tag touted over the summer.

Also know as "The Rickie Lambert" clause. Stockport sold Lambert to Rochdale and like a decade later ended up getting money from his transfer from Southmapton to Liverpool due to the money funnelling down through sell on clauses.

Edited by PlayItLivo