Read the riot act

Yes precisely - an own goal at Bury - Erwin's spin and shot against Shrewsbury (from memory) - that leaves possibly 2 from set pieces. Goals have been that scarce, I can't really remember the other 2 ! Oh yes, just come to me Law's excellent free kick against the Shrews too - and Clarke's headed goal from Klok's cross at Bratford

Erwin's was from a corner.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't that become more of a defence from certain fans on SR's behalf as it's become more & more apparent he won't be playing free flowing football rather than something people were excited about ahead of the season?

Agree with most of your post but stop worrying - he's got a plan.

I don't think it has tbh. There were plenty of people gushing over the NI way pre-season and that it would suit us with a low budget. He came in originally saying we've not a lot of money, he knows these boys and will make ourselves hard to beat. He was executing half of a plan to be tough to beat but even that is questionable now. Especially as he went to be more attacking by starting Croft and it blew up in his face (sadly, I half expected it would.) Allowing his team to lump it into a gale all game is very poor. But I am a big believer that you learn more in defeat.

The concern now though is the tough run we have at the moment. I'm not expecting anything tonight so it will be a pleasant surprise if we get something. It's these home games that are the biggest concern. We didn't win many at home last season and the ones we did included Walsall, Chesterfield and Swindon. They're all gone now. I keep hearing this "he's got a plan"...but I'm not seeing it. I've seen half of one (Plan A) to defend, defend, defend and then we've seen Plan B to play with more width using a player incapable of delivering. Needs plan C now or needs to turn Plan A into a full plan. Then I'll agree with you that he has a plan.