Read the riot act

How much was the so called 'decent fee'? Because according to the press it was undisclosed. The fact remains that we don't have a midfield player who can tackle properly, we don't have any who are creative, and we don't have a striker who can score. A pretty sad sad state of affairs. Kelly was our captain and was the Chronicle star man of the season last season. And remember that Kelly and Forte both left to join clubs in a lower division. Another sad indictment. I still say that Kelly, Jones and Forte would have made a massive difference yesterday.

Orient fans reckon£150000

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fane and Green are SO SO SO much better than Kelly and Dieng.

They really aren't our problem.

Don't kid yourself.

I think Fane is getting found out pretty quickly, whilst he looked imposing in the first few games, he's looked more a liability picking up bookings and giving the penalty away at Bradford.

Green's experience shows, but he seems to go missing in games.

Green is better than them both combined. Different class to them both.

Fane isn't there yet I agree - he's got some way to go - but he's no worse than Kelly.

You are massively over selling Green I like him he's a god solid pro but don't kid yourself if that was the case they wouldn't have dominated us yesterday. People got abit to giddy with Fane he's good but he's still a work in progress.

I think your also underselling Kelly and I'm not sure why you and others do so too the player that the other players voted the best player last season for a good reason too.

If they were so so so much better we would be dominating games and we would not be sat in 22nd position.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You are massively over selling Green I like him he's a god solid pro but don't kid yourself if that was the case they wouldn't have dominated us yesterday. People got abit to giddy with Fane he's good but he's still a work in progress.

I think your also underselling Kelly and I'm not sure why you and others do so too the player that the other players voted the best player last season for a good reason too.

If they were so so so much better we would be dominating games and we would not be sat in 22nd position.

Green had a bad day, but he's looked a class above a lot of the oppositions through the season.

Maybe he needs a rest but we don't have adequate back up to fill in. I'm sorry, but if you can't see his quality you don't know the game, and if you think Kelly is better than him you are plain stupid.

Green had a bad day, but he's looked a class above a lot of the oppositions through the season.

Maybe he needs a rest but we don't have adequate back up to fill in. I'm sorry, but if you can't see his quality you don't know the game, and if you think Kelly is better than him you are plain stupid.

I can see he is a decent player I don't think he necessarily needs a rest I certainly wouldn't drop him but to say he is twice the player of Dieng and Kelly is a massive exaggeration. Edited by GlossopLatic

If Dieng and Kelly were that great then we wouldn't have been struggling at the foot of the table last season with only a few games to go.

This season, last season, better or worse. The issue we have is that we don't have eleven stars due to our budget so reliant on just one or two and that's it. What we have to do is play as a team and not rely on the one or the other to drag us kicking and screaming for one win to the next.

If anyone can motivate a team to punch above their weight is Robbo. He did it as part of the management team for Northern Ireland and needs to instil that fighting spirit into our team.

As I said before, we need to get all our strikers into intensive training and shooting practice. Confidence breeds confidence. I would even suggest we get in a striker coach to mentor them.

Lastly I don't think it's coincidence that we've been relatively successful when having a striker or midfielder as manager. OK Dickov aside but Shez, Johnson, Dowie, Royle...those who are creative in the middle or a striker up front build their team to attack and be creative. Defenders build from the back, tighten the back five but left wanting when trying to work out who to sign, play and coach across the middle and up front.

Most of us are wondering that too...........should be at Seel Park, Mossley!! along with your mate at the back

You should read my posts, I've already said my mate hasn't over thrilled me.

However, he's not been a disaster and will improve in the long term.

Guest nonaenever

If anyone can motivate a team to punch above their weight is Robbo. He did it as part of the management team for Northern Ireland and needs to instil that fighting spirit into our team.

I would even suggest we get in a striker coach to mentor them.

Lastly I don't think it's coincidence that we've been relatively successful when having a striker or midfielder as manager. Shez, Johnson, Dowie, Royle...those who are creative in the middle or a striker up front build their team to attack and be creative.

Ah.... Robbo the motivator - not! I`ve watched every game (bar Millwall) very carefully and, since Bradford away, the motivation and commitment levels have dropped. I don't pretend to know why but it's been a quite significant drop. Something's happened. I`m sick to death of hearing this "Northern Ireland spirit" bollocks too and "work ethic". As I`ve said many times, I`d give 500% effort, playing for Latics - unfortunately I`m :censored: and it would be 6-0 every week with a team of grafters like me.

In the squad we have a lot of average and poor players. So, you can have all the fight and Dunkirk spirit you want - but the players, by and large, aren't good enough.

Can someone please complain about the amount of time Robinson's hands were in his pockets (either too much or too little I don't mind) then I think we'll have had a full house of standard owtb post-:censored: game 'we're doomed' gripes.