Wellens to Doncaster apparently

Konstan....what's his face was the best keeper I saw live last season. Goodall obviously given we dont have a left back and he's far better than a makeshift Lomax.

Steve Foster at Scunthorpe away. Absolutely immense. Shaun Thornton is rated, as was JJ Melligan at Cheltenham.

Karl Hawley knows where the net is. Jason Scotland's record last season speaks for itself. Akinfenwa ripped us to peices when he was at Torquay. Izzy Iriekpen is a superb player too. They'd of all improved our team/squad.

They were just the names I listed after a 5 minute look around of those released or having signed from league 1 clubs of last season.

Just read that list and every one of those players has 1 thing in common - they would all want stupid money to play average football... time and time again has shez said its not just about bringing players to this club - but the right players on the right money...

As has been mentioned before too - what is Shez supposed to do when he is being held to ramsom by highest two earners....

I'm also stunned you put a couple of players on there - Scotland and Iriekepn were way out of our wages league, Akinfenwa ripped us aprt as he was playing against branston - this is a guy who has had 8 clubs in 5 years as everyone relaised he is pap, and Thornton - the chain smoking alcoholic who tinkled away his career??? get real!

I know ou are angry mate but give Shez some credit... his hands have been tied and he knows what he wants - not overpaid over hyped pap...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Konstan....what's his face was the best keeper I saw live last season. Goodall obviously given we dont have a left back and he's far better than a makeshift Lomax.

Steve Foster at Scunthorpe away. Absolutely immense. Shaun Thornton is rated, as was JJ Melligan at Cheltenham.

but be fair, that's why konstantopolous went to coventry in the championship, and he might be free but what wage is he on

as for thornton, he's got big-time charlie written all over him but has failed to make a sustained impact anywhere he's been

Goodalls gone to Norwich I think....Championship ?????

He's gone to Luton. League 1. You're thinking of Gilkesy.

Just read that list and every one of those players has 1 thing in common - they would all want stupid money to play average football... time and time again has shez said its not just about bringing players to this club - but the right players on the right money...

No they wouldnt. Maybe Hawley, Jason Scotland and Izzy from Swansea where out of our depth, but that's about it. The others have gone to likes of Leyton Orient, Brighton

Like i've said. I did that list in 5 minutes whilst at work. If I had the time (which I dont), i'd go through and develop an even better 11.

I know ou are angry mate but give Shez some credit... his hands have been tied and he knows what he wants - not overpaid over hyped pap...

I'm not angry. Frustrated is the word that we feel the need to spend money that in all honesty could have been put to better use.

Rocky, you should have applied for the job when Ronald had gone, im sure TTA would have chosen you over Sheridan as you can clearly do better.

Not saying I can do a better job. I've just disagreed with one of his signings and the opinion of the majority. I didnt realise it was a crime. :blush:

but be fair, that's why konstantopolous went to coventry in the championship, and he might be free but what wage is he on

as for thornton, he's got big-time charlie written all over him but has failed to make a sustained impact anywhere he's been

Konstan was League 2 last season. I do doubt he's on what Mark Crossley is on. Championship or not. He would have been on less than Poggy, whilst he was at the monkey hangers.

Big time Charlie who's swallowed his pride perhaps and is now at that big time club - Yep. Leyton Orient. Who for the record have let Matt lockwood go today to Forest for a nominal fee.

Easy tiger, Rocky's just frustrated. He's deffo not one for getting on Shez's back.

I cant remember having a dig at Shez personally. :blink: I just disagree with one of his signings. Like people did with Dabo, Wood, etc. Some people seem to think you cant do that though and it's a personal dig at The Mesiah Johnny Sheridan. That's people's problems, not mine. It doesnt bother me if people disagree with my opinion. That's what forums are for and ultimately what happens in life. Not every signing is going to be too everyone's liking.

Like i've said. It wont be the first time and it wont be the last. I am looking forward to a nice slice of

hupiespedeph.jpg

But like i'll keep saying. I've said for weeks that I dont want Allott signing for whatever reasons. I'm not going to suddenly turn round when he signs and go "Fantastic signing." just because the majority have said that. I'm not a sheep.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Rocky and Marhar, the easy Tiger was aimed at Latics Legend, seemed to be having a pop at Rocky rather than give his opnion.

You know what Martin. There aint half some useful facilities on this site. Such as that of looking over certain members posts. One of whom being the man in question. Latics Legend. Didnt take long to find this little gem he'd put a few weeks ago about the possibility of signing Mark Allott.

No doubt he'd be a decent squad player, but heres something I dont get...

We are goin to pay for him if we sign him as he is still under contract, which is something we dont often do, bar some exceptions. If we are going to get some money out, wouldn't you rather add a bit more money and go for someone WORTH a fee who is a much better player?

Thats my view anyway.

Funny old forum aint it? :shock::shock: He's having a go at me for having the same opinion as himself a few weeks ago. Had Allott come on a free, I wouldnt have minded the signing. My gripe is the fact we're paying for him. Same as L.L - I guess he's just moulded into a sheep upon seeing people's reactions and the majority welcoming the signing, fee or no fee.

He also made a belter of a comment about recommending Clive Platt. As apparantly in the few times he's watched the Don's - he's been really impressed by him. Well. It certainly cant have been the Rochdale v Mk Dons game I know full well he was sat in the MK end last year at, as Platty was like the rest of his team mates. Utter Gash. 5-0 was it, L.L?

Had a look through all his posts and they all say the same thing, "I agree", "I was thinking exactly the same.", and along those lines, etc. Tells it's own story.

Baa.......

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Check my posts :grin:

I've supported Allott all the way since noises were made about this.

He has changed a lot since he left. And so have we as a club. The team we have now is much better than that of his first spell and having seen him play against us on numerous occasions, it appears he is a better player as well.

I can honestly say that I did rate Wellens as a player… but his ego and arrogant personality did put me off him hugely.

I am personally glad he has gone, I don’t want players like that who can be tempted away by a higher wage.

We need players who want to play for Oldham and move onwards and upwards… Wellens clearly wants to stay in this league where he looks impressive.

I doubt he could cut it in the Championship – no matter who he was playing for :blink:

I - along with many on here, so it would seem - am a teeny weeny (!) bit miffed with this whole Wellens to Doncaster saga. But whilst it may seem like we've lost our best player to a lesser club in the same division, purely through financial reasons, it's not all doom and gloom.

When Wellens was at Blackpool, he was a mercurial, irreplacable midfield force, who carried the team through week upon week of League One football blah blah blah...

You get the picture.

He left, and the fans were angry because he'd made what many saw as a sideways step for a) money and also to get away from the Blackpool coaching staff and also the board.

But then it dawned upon said fans that maybe having someone in their team who was such a central, pivotal figure wasn't such a good idea, as when he didn't play particuarly well, neither did Blackpool.

Do we see a pattern emerging?

So me, as an Oldham fan living a life of an exile in Blackpool, took plenty of stick for Wellens being the central figure in my team, the player who always got the ball, played 50-60 yard balls (successfully) twice or three times per game, never took a shot on goal and liked to play it sideways whenever possible.

I was the biggest Wellens fan, he's on my Oldham shirt and was the player I'd cheer the loudest for when Franny read his name out pre-match. But after the proverbial dust has settled, I'd like to see two other players fighting for his place, who are maybe not as technically gifted, but would always give their all for the team and wouldn't let their heads drop when things didn't quite go their way.

I think we'll miss him, but as Blackpool showed this season, it isn't the end of the world now he's gone.

Maybe, just maybe, Allott will prove a lot of people wrong this season, and prove to be a revelation. I don't know what to expect from Kalala, but I've heard all the good things everyone else has also heard.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, we just have to;

Keep the Faith :)

• 3 years later...