Trust AGM 3rd July 2017

TRUST OLDHAM

(OLDHAM ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS FOUNDATION LIMITED)

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting of the above named company (“the Company”) will be held in the Oldham Event Centre, SportsDirect.com Park, Oldham on Monday 3 July 2017 at 7.00pm for the following purposes:

AGENDA

1. Opening of meeting

2. To elect new directors to the board.

3. To receive the report of the directors and the accounts for the period ended 31st January 2017.

4. Close of meeting

For reference, the minutes from the Trust Oldham AGM 2016 are available here: AGM 2016.06.20

Any members wishing to put themselves forward to join the Trust Oldham board must have given notice via email (info@trustoldham.co.uk) no later than 14 days before the date of the AGM.  Your application should give some indication of the skills and commitment you are able to bring.

We are particularly interested in recruiting Directors with Legal (Commercial) and Events Organisation/Promotion experience who can commit the required time and experience to the Trust board (see the link below for commitment outline).

It is expected that new Directors wishing to join the board will be Co-Opted on for the initial year,.  This gives you time to understand your new role.  Please refer to our previous guide on what is involved in becoming a Trust Director –  Becoming a Trust Director .

We are also always on the look-out for further volunteers (non-directors) to join the various working groups, particularly with regards to Membership/Matchday Promotion and Events.  You do not need to stand as a director for such roles and we would welcome contact from members and non-members if you are interested (info@trustoldham.co.uk).

ACV and Exciting New Fundraising Campaign

We have some fantastic news on a new Fundraising Campaign that we will be releasing soon.  Please keep up to date on the Trust website and social channels.  Plus, after a long wait we have news coming on the ACV... see here for what the ACV is.http://trustoldham.co.uk/acv-application-faqs/

There will be further updates regards to the AGM and Campaigns over the next two weeks.

Edited by underdog

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget folks, the trust AGM is this Monday 3rd July 2017 at the OEC at BP.

KO is 7pm, so please come on down, meet your trust team, discuss any ideas you may have or see about volunteering/co-opting in.

cheers

Thanks to those who attended  tonight's AGM I hope you found it insightful and useful.

And Thank you to all those who have attended other meetings, fans/club meetings, events/fundraisers too during last season.

Watch this space for up and coming news and events

Edited by underdog

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Anything to report from this?

I haven't  time to type them up but here's a quick summary of what happened

welcome and minute silence for Gordon Lawton

intro around the room of current directors/who was up for re-election, new nominees

Oveview of what the trust has done in 12 months

Confirmation of the approval of BP as a listed ACV, first in the borough and what it covers/impact

Launch of former players association aprox 60 players in it now

Trust has become an affiliate member of the Football supporters federation

Arranged fan/club meetings, 4 done over a season

Membership drive/push and regular emails have gone out since

Arranged Joe Royle event at Milan bar

Start of season clean up (done at start of last season)

Confirmed that our sponsored playerwas George edmundson, player of season was Conor Ripley

Confirmed that 10% of profits were split between 2 charities NW air ambulance and Chaddy park cerabal palsy football team

Scoreboard fundraising and overview of our position

Trust disappointment that the club have still not been in a position to rename the RRE to the Jimmy Frizzell stand

There was a Q and A session from the fans that included: ACV clarification, relationship with trust/club/owner, scoreboard clarity, is the trust fit for purpose, update of fans bar, checka trade trophy feedback, safe standing, investment in club, what the £200k of fans monies "buys" at director level, future of O2 bar this up and coming season, rumour of chaddy end being knocked down

Trust Accounts were distributed and summarised by the fundraising we have done 2016/17 season. Concern was made By trust treasurer on how the club have again shortened their account year by 1 day and the implications also how they are submitting their accounts.

Rollout of proposed charge for trust membership and what it will give fans

Request for anyone who wants to join the trust board co-opted or even can volunteer some time would be appreciated 

phew......7 pages of notes to type up now...aagghhhh

Disclaimer alert!!!!!!!.......These are my draft notes so please note that I am only human and could have made an error, or missed/wrote something down wrong, so they are subject to change thanks

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Confirmed that 10% of profits were split between 2 charities NW air ambulance and Chaddy park verbal palsy football team

Trust Accounts were distributed and summarised by the fundraising we have done 2016/17 season. Concern was made By trust accountant on how the club have again shortened their account year by 1 day and the implications also how they are submitting their accounts.

Worthy causes but how come this money doesn't just build up towards a "war chest" if needed? 

For what reason(s) is the Trust accountant concerned about this? 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Worthy causes but how come this money doesn't just build up towards a "war chest" if needed? 

Firstly, we decided a good while back to support one sports related and one other local cause. Perhaps not everyone's choice of action but it might also make people happy to contribute to events knowing they will be putting something back into a designated cause.

The second, it's not unusual to switch accounting days once, this is I think the second time it's been done. I delays reporting on finances which they certainly must have the details of, but we don't have specifics about why it's been done again. Basically Due Diligence to raise it as a question when submitting our own report as part owners.

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I must admit Harry a lot of this stuff goes whoosh!!!! Right over my head. So I will try my best and hopefully Leeslover and Jorvik will come along and tell me off..hahah

I've had to amend trust account to trust treasurer so not to confuse the issue as we do have/pay an account to audit/do our books. trust treasurer is though account qualified. His concern stated at the AGM was with regards to the club shortening  their accounting period by 1 day. This I believe then allows the club and additional 2 months extra to submit their accounts to companies house rather than within the 12 month period which would have been End of June this year. It's a concern as the club have did this last year too. Concern that a business can't get the books in within a 12 month timeline and why is it not monitored/kept on top of monthly, quarterly maybe?

Charity, something to do with our constitution, allowance I think

edit....right on cue...Leeslover beat me too it see above

Edited by underdog
Leeslover beat me to the answer

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Thank you both. 

I never used to get such prompt replies back when you wouldn't let me join. :grin:

All is welcome, cross over into the light....all is welcome...

or cross over to the dark side...

Changes to membership to be announced soon and on the membership package roll out too

Edited by underdog