League Tables 05.08.2017

Welcome to the Prediction League’s first tables of the 2017-2018 season. We’ve had a brilliant response, with 50 players signing up. We’ve made up the Premier League of 20 players (one of last season’s participants didn’t re-join) and the remaining 30 go into the Championship.

Next season (yes, we do tend to look a long way ahead), we are hoping for 50 players again, so that we can have three divisions; 18 in the Premier League and 16 in each of the Championship and a new League 1. To do this, we need to relegate 5 from the Premier League, with 3 coming up from the Championship. The bottom 16 in the Championship will form the new League 1 and the remaining Championship players plus those coming down from the Premier League will form the 16 players in that division. If we have more (or less) players next season, the promotion/relegation numbers will be adjusted accordingly.

Right, now my laptop is up and running again, here’s the first tables of the season.

In the Premier League, lookersstandandy only missed out on maximum attendance points by 5. Five players top scored with 5 points each. milnrow latics was only 2 away from a 20 pointer in the Championship and, again, five was the top score, achieved by three players. Premier League player nzlatic only posted one minute before kick off (and blamed his kids), whilst ajw65 in the Championship forgot to post at all.

The tables mean nothing at the moment, but it can all change very quickly.

Premier League

Hy6KuB7.jpg?2

NlvyaG1.jpg?2

Championship

DUuEHOW.jpg?2

slvBooP.jpg?2

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nice one Pete. I see Scapegoat still didn't amend his/her first goalscorer prediction from Dan Gardner, even after a couple of friendly reminders.....

...this sort of charity ends as the weeks progress.

The type of charity you talk about will be here from day 1 right to  the last day with some of us sporting types, anyway make the most of being above me it aint going to last.

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The type of charity you talk about will be here from day 1 right to  the last day with some of us sporting types, anyway make the most of being above me it aint going to last.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...your time is up.... 1-1, 0-0 is gonna get you nowhere this year....

The rivalry has started already. Didn't take long. Keep it up, chaps.