46 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I’ve booked the week after the final off work so I can travel up for the open top bus parade and civic reception. 

Sorry but since Bower Lane Railway bridge closed and Oldham Corporation ceased to run buses we now have no open toppers!

Perhaps we can parade down Union Street in a Tram.  I am sure the "Tram Fixer" on here could sort us out an open top tram!!!:jester:

On 03/10/2017 at 11:58 AM, Millibob said:

Sorry but since Bower Lane Railway bridge closed and Oldham Corporation ceased to run buses we now have no open toppers!

Perhaps we can parade down Union Street in a Tram.  I am sure the "Tram Fixer" on here could sort us out an open top tram!!!:jester:

To make it open top we need the tram breaker not fixer. 

On 03/10/2017 at 11:58 AM, Millibob said:

20 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

To make it open top we need the tram breaker not fixer. 

The thing with trams is they take their power from the roof so that might be a little tricky ... but,

It'd only need to go through certain areas enough times to have no windows left so it's 'possible' lol

In fact there's also at least 2 drivers that I'm aware of that are Latics fans, so with three of us driving it's easily done ha ha

Trams aside, working in the industry you find a few let's say 'enthusiasts' lol  and one or two are even into buses, and from i can gather they're the people that 'own' (or know the owners) of the old style Orange/Brown GM Buses open toppers ...  so it seems anything is possible ha ha 

Edited by thetramfixer