Sarfend & Gills

lookersstandandy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hey up,

There's talk Sarfend could be postponed due to International call ups, which could play havoc with Leeslover's birthdays celebrations.....?

Gills might therefore prove the better bet if you're negotiating green card rights....!?!

Andy

I have a backlog of blank green cards.

Southend is touch and go for me (it depends whether I'm out of plaster and able to walk). I think Leeslover and rosa are coming down anyway to see other "friends". They've already been to Gillingham, which means they probably won't want to go again. I'm confident of making it down to halting site though.

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

Yeah, we're coming down for Southend, whether it happens or not.

Not going to FC Hamlets before anyone suggests it.

WE are at home to Lowestoft. Should be a good game. And we've got a window if Southend is off. We're fucking going and that's that.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....can I borrow some?

It says "untransferable" on the back. Sorry.

3 hours ago, leeslover said:

Are Millwall at home? We could find out what London working class folk from the area are like

They all live in places like Dartford or Sheppey or Southend. Priced out of the city. It turns out that robbing cars and phones while you’re meant to be at school doesn’t keep you in London long-term. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

WE are at home to Lowestoft. Should be a good game. And we've got a window if Southend is off. We're fucking going and that's that.

Ok here's a compromise. You go to the Hamlet. I'll go to the Tove Jansson exhibition in Dulwich. We both meet leeslover in the Slug and Irony or whatever the Hamlet's local is afterwards.

On 24/10/2017 at 11:23 PM, jorvik_latic said:

Couldn’t you go and watch a proper non league team like Billericay Town? 

Billericay scored one of the best goals I've ever seen live against Hamlet a couple of months ago. They were 2-1 up with not long to go. Hamlet win a free kick within shooting range...but they've taken off the normal free-kick taker and decide to cross it rather than shoot. Billericay head it out. Hamlet get it back just outside the box. The lad tackles the Hamlet player, kicks it out in front of him out of the tackle...will he run it downfield to the corner flag? Will he fuck. He'll smash it over the keeper's head and in from 70 yards.  

1 minute ago, rosa said:

Ok here's a compromise. You go to the Hamlet. I'll go to the Tove Jansson exhibition in Dulwich. We both meet leeslover in the Slug and Irony or whatever the Hamlet's local is afterwards.

No deal.

A counter-bid: we all (Mrs 24 included) go to the children's exhibition at Dulwich Picture Gallery in the morning. We can have a nice dainty lunch then go to the Hamlet. You don't have to like it. The Lord knows even I don't like it that much at the moment. Afterwards, we can discuss at length the fucking state of some of the Hamlet fanbase.

As a quid pro quo, I promise to make it to a Prescott Wool Cables game this season.

52 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

"millionaire...civil servants"

You really are a cunt aren't you?

Well that's rather misogynistic language. As a woman I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable at the Hamlet if that's how they talk.

16 minutes ago, rosa said:

Well that's rather misogynistic language. As a woman I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable at the Hamlet if that's how they talk.

They don't. I do. This language will be used at the Hamlet, around the house, in taxis and on buses, walking the streets. Barely a sentence will go by when I don't call leeslover a cunt.

3 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

They don't. I do. This language will be used at the Hamlet, around the house, in taxis and on buses, walking the streets. Barely a sentence will go by when I don't call leeslover a cunt.

In your defense, he is a cunt. 

You’ll like this. Quite possible you’ll see some bucket shaking down at Champion Hill on Saturday. Evil Property Developer has decided not to pay players. 

1,500 average attendance every home game and they’re fully skint. Got to be double anything else in the league and probably the two leagues above. Banter. 

38 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

You’ll like this. Quite possible you’ll see some bucket shaking down at Champion Hill on Saturday. Evil Property Developer has decided not to pay players. 

1,500 average attendance every home game and they’re fully skint. Got to be double anything else in the league and probably the two leagues above. Banter. 

This could be too good to be true, but there’s talk of former players such as Rio Ferdinand, Peter Crouch and IAN WRIGHT putting a bid together. 

4 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Anyway. Hamlet are NOT at home this weekend after all. They’ve got some fuckers away in the FA trophy. So we have a chance of making it through to watch Ireland (the West Brom of international football) struggle for a cynical, spirit-sapping draw against Denmark. 

Take that, every day of the week and twice on Sunday

• 2 weeks later...

Are we looking at a decent turnout for Gillingham then?

Think I'll be on the following train from St Pancras;

OUT 11:55 ARR 12:38

...and head to that pub that I always beat 24hoursfromtulsehill on the Pool & Darts;

https://whatpub.com/pubs/MED/11727/dog-bone-gillingham

Edited by lookersstandandy

On 17/11/2017 at 4:27 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Are we looking at a decent turnout for Gillingham then?

Think I'll be on the following train from St Pancras;

OUT 11:55 ARR 12:38

...and head to that pub that I always beat 24hoursfromtulsehill on the Pool & Darts;

https://whatpub.com/pubs/MED/11727/dog-bone-gillingham

I'm looking into my options. I reckon it'll be a slow train option from South London in the circumstances. You have never beaten me at darts or pool in any pub. In fact, I'll start from 501 and you can start from wherever you were when I landed the D16 for victory last time. (It was 258 or some shit like that.)

Come to think of it...given that I've got a broken leg, you've got a chance of at least throwing for a double.