Sarfend & Gills

lookersstandandy

On 17/11/2017 at 4:27 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Are we looking at a decent turnout for Gillingham then?

Think I'll be on the following train from St Pancras;

OUT 11:55 ARR 12:38

...and head to that pub that I always beat 24hoursfromtulsehill on the Pool & Darts;

https://whatpub.com/pubs/MED/11727/dog-bone-gillingham

And the pub's too far away for me. I'll be in The Suzzbucket at the station end of Scuzzbucket Street. It's only a 30-minute hobble along Scuzzbucket Way to Scuzzbucket Park from there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

And the pub's too far away for me. I'll be in The Suzzbucket at the station end of Scuzzbucket Street. It's only a 30-minute hobble along Scuzzbucket Way to Scuzzbucket Park from there.

Surely they’ve got Uber in Kent.... and won’t be dominated by militant unionised left wing cartel’s like London’s black cabs!?!

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Surely they’ve got Uber in Kent.... and won’t be dominated by militant unionised left wing cartel’s like London’s black cabs!?!

Uber in Gillingham! Hahahahaha. 

I might get a cab outside the station...get the guy's number and cab it back to the ground. The Scuzzbucket is a bit scuzzy even for me.

5 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I'm looking into my options. I reckon it'll be a slow train option from South London in the circumstances. You have never beaten me at darts or pool in any pub. In fact, I'll start from 501 and you can start from wherever you were when I landed the D16 for victory last time. (It was 258 or some shit like that.)

Come to think of it...given that I've got a broken leg, you've got a chance of at least throwing for a double.

I could get on this instead to join you?

To/from Victoria/Gillingham via Bromley S

OUT 11:37 ARR 12:28 (Bromley S @ 11:53)

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I could get on this instead to join you?

To/from Victoria/Gillingham via Bromley S

OUT 11:37 ARR 12:28 (Bromley S @ 11:53)

Fuckin hell, hopalong Cassidy and his mate visiting cowboy town.

Glad I'm giving this one a miss, the place is a shit hole.

Super off peak travel card from Manchester to London is £65 for this. 

How close to Southend would the travel card get you? (It includes the tube and it covers Zones 1-6).

I'm expecting sharp intakes of breath, much wringing of hands and no less than 20 "no, he doesn't want to that, he needs to go to......"'s.....

43 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How close to Southend would the travel card get you? (It includes the tube and it covers Zones 1-6).

I'm expecting sharp intakes of breath, much wringing of hands and no less than 20 "no, he doesn't want to that, he needs to go to......"'s.....

Like trying to get to Blackpool on your Greater Manchester First Bus ticket 

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Yeah. You’d have to buy anothet ticket from wherever the zoning system ends to Southend. You’re probably looking at an extra tenner I reckon. Could be wrong though. 

On 25/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, HarryBosch said:

Yes, where? I thought it was pretty clear that that was what I was asking..... ffs

I've no idea. I think it'd have to be Stratford. Stratford is the last place within the TfL zone system where the train to Prittlewell stops.

Like Leeslover says, you might have to speak to a real person...someone who understands the special needs of out-of-town people. Ask at the ticket hall when you get to Euston, where the recently sacked staff will be only too happy not to help.