Home Form and formation?

15 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Points well made Glossop. Completely agree with the first paragraph. But disagree with the main point in the second one. 

If you drop Missile who plays instead? Can't be Maouche as he simply doesn't work hard enough. 

The Crewe game for example and correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't go but we played a 442 and got overrun in midfield. I prefer two holding midfielders irrespective of home or away. It's down to no. 10 and wingers to create something. That said in a ideal world we would have someone who can break play up and create but we don't. 

I think we went 4-4-2 yes however we were battered all over the pitch in that one infact Crewe pretty much outclassed us and required a man of the match performance from Woods to keep it to a 2-1 home defeat.

However in the game at home to Colchester where they came and pretty much played 2 banks of 4 and stayed in their own half of the pitch we had Missilou and Sylla in the centre and neither of them knew what to do to break them down thats when we need to sacrifice one of them and go with a more creative player in the 2 central positions, I'm not sure we have anyone on the books who can play that role that well unfortunately due to the ill throught out way we went about our recruitment although perhaps Morais could play in that position and play a Sheridanesque deep lying playmaker role I don't know.

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

with our weak strikeforce we will be a counter attack team so not surpsiring we have more points on our travels as we have better mids than strikers so obvious better to play 1 up top. cant see banide changing that for home games, nor do i think he should do. agree more attacking full backs should be the key but cant get on banide's back if he tries to play for a 1-0 win at home with what he has at his disposal. looks the best option for us to pick up points as we wont outscore anyone if we open up. 

Sign a new "head coach" and have a 30 player squad with our "bigger budget" and play to scrape a 1-0 at home! Fantastic, must buy my season ticket now!!!

Archived