Rules Reminder etc

Bristolatic

A couple of things to mention whilst the season is in its infancy.

1. If you need to make contact with a query or observation about anything Prediction League, please do so by PM. @Stevie_J, @oafcmetty and I don't look at the threads every day so, if you see something is wrong and post in the thread, it could be a while before we see it.
  2. For the Stevenage game, five of players had posted predictions that could not have been genuine outcome of the game, ie HT and FT scores impossible, naming a scorer for no Oldham goals and predicting goals, but no scorer named. These have always been discounted in the past and the entire post would have been rejected. However, because this is a new system and we had a couple of issues to deal with, I just wanted to get the tables done, so let it go. From now on, any such post will be discounted. I've checked the predictions that have been posted so far for the next game(s) and they look fine.

Here's the actual extract from the rules:

If you believe that there has been an error in scoring up predictions, please PM Bristolatic and/or me, rather than posting on the forums where it may be missed, and we will look into it.

For the avoidance of doubt, players cannot predict Latics to score in their result prediction and 'no scorer' in their scorer prediction for the same fixture. Similarly, players cannot predict that Latics will not score and name a first scorer. Nor can players predict a half-time score which does not align with the full time score (e.g. Latics to be 1-0 up at half-time and Latics to lose 1-0). Each full prediction should be a possible outcome of the match. Any predictions submitted which are contrary to this rule will not be counted.

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Aye. Hopefully that’ll help folk realise what game they’re predicting for. Would be even better if you could make it default to the next one every time. :D

Wouldn't worry about it, by November English lower league football will be shut down. Who knows you may be in position to claim another hollow victory. 

Archived