1 hour ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but why no ball boys today. Is it cost cutting from Abdullah to save a pie each? 

Nah bud, it’s just a club being run by total frauds, who are running the club into the ground!! 🤬🤬

Wendy Noble (Community Trust) informed me on behalf of my son mid -July that the pitch side assistants would not be required for the upcoming season.

COVID was the reason given, and the academy boys would be doing it instead as they are regularly tested since they frequent the club.

Having said that, I’ve seen little sign of that happening ( just 2 games I think) and what’s more, Wendy also organised the match day mascots and the bench buddies whilst Chaddy the Owl’s pre match appearances added to the club’s family and community spirit. 
Sadly, on all the above counts, they would seem no more. 

1 hour ago, hollandspies said:

Wendy Noble (Community Trust) informed me on behalf of my son mid -July that the pitch side assistants would not be required for the upcoming season.

COVID was the reason given, and the academy boys would be doing it instead as they are regularly tested since they frequent the club.

Having said that, I’ve seen little sign of that happening ( just 2 games I think) and what’s more, Wendy also organised the match day mascots and the bench buddies whilst Chaddy the Owl’s pre match appearances added to the club’s family and community spirit. 

This is where these clowns seriously let the fans down!! Sad times bud

2 hours ago, hollandspies said:

I think it would be reasonable to say that all those activities have stopped due to COVID-19. I certainly wouldn’t be pointing the finger too hard at the club for stopping them at any rate.

9 hours ago, hollandspies said:

All very sad and staggered that anyone under 40 watches Latics as they don’t even have the memory of the good days to cling onto in these dark days! These things you point to above encourage kids to come to Latics and then return. Aware it’s not the community trusts fault (our only bright spark these days) and they are following orders from the top but covid is the new lazy excuse for everything. Things can still happen and be safe for kids to have these experiences. 

I went for the first time in 18months yesterday and was staggered how we have gone further backwards from the place we where pre covid! Worse fan experience at a football stadium ever. No sales of food and drinks in the main stand paddocks, one kiosk at the top selling food and line miles along as you’d expect, weeds around the place, flaking paint. Just feels like a club that’s being left to fail and slowly die. Sad times and gives me to reason to return both on and off the pitch. 

8 hours ago, super_blue said:

All very sad and staggered that anyone under 40 watches Latics as they don’t even have the memory of the good days to cling onto in these dark days! 

Bit of an over-generalisation there. I'm not 40 for over 2 years and I remember watching the glory days of 89 - 94. 

But then again my memory made me famous for 15 minutes. 

37 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Bit of an over-generalisation there. I'm not 40 for over 2 years and I remember watching the glory days of 89 - 94. 

But then again my memory made me famous for 15 minutes. 

Apologies for the slight over-generalisation. Point still stands though for those younger fans. 

Archived