BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 3rd Jan '22 Episode 65: The Transfer Guru

Just as 2021 ended with the thrills and spills a 0-0 away at Barrow, so 2022 began with an adrenaline fueled 0-0 epic at Hartlepool. Have we ever been as collectively excited about the prospect of a new year? Can our very own transfer guru pull us out of the mire? Is the sarcasm subtle enough?

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 here. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone, but we'll throw the odd bonus episode your way by way of thanks should you choose to.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg. Read more about FanHub here

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

That was very downbeat for you. How much of that is down to mission fatigue? I know we suffered that from time to time. For any reader who  has a mind to be involved and isn't as yet - these lads need extra pairs of hands to shoulder some of the burden. Speaking as an outsider, you don't look like you have enough people doing things at the moment. 

I agree that the festive period looks like a missed opportunity for you, but you aren't detached as yet and so there is still plenty of room for hope. Apart from the four who are definitely in it, there are at least two or three more who will be anxious and if you can put a win or two together that anxiety can be contagious.

The points you were making about networks interested me, because they are so important in football. If you can utilise them they can make such difference - when we had Holloway as our manager, for example, I am sure it was a factor in us getting DJ Campbell and Seamus Coleman in on loan. And look how that turned out.... if your current custodians don't have them, all the more reasons to try and engineer their departure. Looking at the club's current problems, it all looks a lot like a self-fulfilling prophecy at the moment. There is never likely to be a better time to vote with your feet.

Re surveys - do give us a shout if you want to talk about how we design ours (we do an annual consultation with Members / fans, in 2021 it majored on ticket pricing). Our Treasurer does pricing policy and marketing for a living, and I'm sure he'd be happy to share some insights from his personal experience if you would find them helpful. 

• Matt featured this topic
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived