Fan council. Are you interested? 28.08.22

• underdog changed the title to Fan council. Are you interested? 28.08.22

I would  be interested but if I have read it correctly, it seems to be saying  you can only apply if you are  a member of one of several already established groups. Can you not be an independent or individual member?

1 hour ago, astottie said:

I would  be interested but if I have read it correctly, it seems to be saying  you can only apply if you are  a member of one of several already established groups. Can you not be an independent or individual member?

Fair point, I suspect you'd be able to put yourself forward and represent us mere mortals on OWTB's, you can have my vote if it helps.

11 hours ago, astottie said:

Tbh I have no idea. Get in touch you have nothing to lose and they may snap your hand-off. Adam from PTB frequents this board and I have seen OASF chair Jim Post on here too, as well as Andy from OASIS/BP podcast

I will presume with OASIS and Adler groups they may be able to offer an online meeting if you are unable to travel.

Looking at it. It sounds like this could be the start of a fan shadow board that the Fan Led Review recommended as part if EFL reform.

And yes I would too would support you for OWTB. Why not get this board represented. Not everyone feels they are in one camp or another. Your voice is just as important as those that have joined a group. This goes for anyone else who is interested as well

Go for it

11 hours ago, astottie said:

The "Judean peoples front", are well established, you could affiliate to them. 

Good on you Stottie, I'm sure they would snatch your hand off, being a fan is surely more than enough. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

The "Judean peoples front", are well established, you could affiliate to them. 

Good on you Stottie, I'm sure they would snatch your hand off, being a fan is surely more than enough. 

People's front of Judea it is then.

13 hours ago, astottie said:

It's a good question.

I think you DO have to see this as a precursor for a Fans Advisory Board as envisaged by the fan led review. That doesn't rule out individual involvement at all, but it does place a premium value on groups that are run on democratic lines and thus have a mandate to act on behalf of their Members. Otherwise you risk swapping one fiefdom for another.  Note also that Crouch recommends that the fans "veto powers" are held by a Community Benefit Society or the equivalent (in most cases, a Supporters Trust).

Archived