What’s the reason?

Why are we so shite?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the issue?

• Players are :censored:e
    • Manager is :censored:e
    • Both are :censored:e

We don't know if the manager is going to be shit he might turn out OK good or better.

I think we need to change the players first before we change the manager I'd rather give him the chance to do that. The reality is that we probably don't need to change that many 2 centre mids worthy of the name plus a right Winger who can attack down that side Ibreck9n we are yet to see the best of Angol plus others returning will probably be enough for it to click.

Until proven otherwise, I'm going with the both are crap option.

I'm still not 100% sure if the players are underperforming or just plain rubbish.  A fair amount of them are experienced players at this level and above, and others are youngsters from higher level academies.  So you'd think that they should be able to at least be able to plod along in mid-table regardless of the manager.

Which then asks questions of the managers.  We clearly weren't putting in good performances under Shez but he at least had us in mid-table when he left.  Unsworth has some ideas that will have a long term benefit to the club (a vision that Shez didn't really have) and I'd be amazed and disappointed if Frank, Darren and Joe didn't promise him their full backing to overhaul this squad over the next 6 months to get us properly competing at this level next season. 

That said, he's still unproven as a manager and has to be very careful that he doesn't alienate the entire squad, because he'll need a fair number of them to perform for him in the short term before they are shipped out.  His long term plans can wait, showing that he can drag us away from the ensuing dogfight is his number one priority.

Archived