BPAS PODCAST: 12th Dec '22, S3:E19: Timmy, Tollitt & Two Up Top

It's only one win but it was a bloody important one. Three points moves us up above Torquay and one point away from getting out of the bottom four. Could things be about to turn on the pitch to match the excellent work off it?

To support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone. You can now also listen to the Latics Football Phone In as a podcast every Thursday morning from 7am.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel here

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oasf.co.uk where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

You may not notice this, but the relief in all your voices was palpable this week. Me and my Missus were cheering you on yesterday from South East London, although she wants to know why BPAS in on our list of favourites on the laptop.....

A few points :

1) We reportedly paid 800,00 for Nuttall, only about three years ago (if that). He was a major disappointment for us, but I think he has some good attributes - strong, can hold the ball up, decent in the air, but was chronically short of confidence once our boo-boys got on his back. We certainly never saw the best of him.

2) I thought that it was a tremendous effort to get your game on this weekend, and you really should have made more of the efforts of the people who made it happen. Who knows whether you would have won that game if it was played in March?

3) England - meh. They have been an embarrassment for most of my life (especially the people who follow them), and I really struggle to care at all. Watching them is often a chore, albeit this team s more entertaining than most, and some of the young ones are very engaging and articulate in front of the media. I think all the debate about Southgate misses two big questions. The first being, who is there out there who would do better ? And the second being, how can any manager hope to succeed with a back four like ours? There is hardly a decent footballer  (Shaw, perhaps) among them. 

4) I scored one in the quiz, because I remembered that pink kit. You should be ashamed of yourselves ...... 😀

If we paid 6 figures for a Conference striker out of contract in 6 months, I'd be concerned about the business acumen of Mr Royle. FWIW I heard it was nowhere near six figures, similarly to Andy.

Can't really comment on the game as I didn't go or see it, but enjoyed listening again...

• Matt featured this topic
5 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

You may not notice this, but the relief in all your voices was palpable this week. Me and my Missus were cheering you on yesterday from South East London, although she wants to know why BPAS in on our list of favourites on the laptop.....

Did you and the wife happen to get the train up to the Birmingham game on Saturday?

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived