Conserv. cllrs issue statement re pitch investment

• underdog changed the title to Conserv. cllrs issue statement re pitch investment

I wanted to be grumpy and dyspeptic about this but tbh I think they're just doing their jobs? Obviously we're all behind the investment and big picture, and from afar, you can see the potential benefit for the town but I don't think any any of their questions are unreasonable. It's what an opposition should do, hold the the council to account for their use of local taxpayers money.

11 hours ago, underdog said:

oh dear

Local conservative councillors issue statement re £1 million pitch

They have a point (and a right) to ask the questions. It doesn’t mean that it will derail the initiative, simply that the council will be held to account. As it should be 👍

TBH I thought the cash may have come ftom a pre-covid report on the state of the community pitches/facilities in Oldham. Places like clayton, futsal and even Chapel Rd are not upto standard. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. something like ftom Sport England/DCMS...its going to annoy the hell out if me now..grrr

Additionally, have I missed any foundation statement on recent events? Like their blessing as a shareholder or why the sale has not triggered the ACV (poss one of the exemptions?)

Archived