MATCH: Halifax Town (?) 18/04/24

29 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yes, you can’t continue to boo players for no reason and expect them to care. Fans need to look at themselves as much as the players and manager. 

They were shit long before the booing started.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation so effort is probably needed on both parts, I've got to say though this group is the most detached I've ever seen from the fans and from the outside as has been mentioned it looks like it's full of over flated egos and bad attitudes which for an older group of players is just weird.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They were shit long before the booing started.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation so effort is probably needed on both parts, I've got to say though this group is the most detached I've ever seen from the fans and from the outside as has been mentioned it looks like it's full of over flated egos and bad attitudes which for an older group of players is just weird.

Booing is justified in some areas (for example, failing to score against Oxford City is definitely worthy of a boo), but I do reckon booing has just been rolled out wily-nilly since February time. That performance last night, whilst certainly not being great, didn't justify boos in my opinion. Incidentally, I was stood on the front row and didn't hear any of these supposed boos that apparently greeted Norwood's arrival. 

The game was just a bit "meh". On balance of play, they probably just about shaded it, especially towards the end...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Booing is justified in some areas (for example, failing to score against Oxford City is definitely worthy of a boo), but I do reckon booing has just been rolled out wily-nilly since February time. That performance last night, whilst certainly not being great, didn't justify boos in my opinion. Incidentally, I was stood on the front row and didn't hear any of these supposed boos that apparently greeted Norwood's arrival. 

The game was just a bit "meh". On balance of play, they probably just about shaded it, especially towards the end...

That's the weird thing draws away at Dagenham and Halifax I'd happily take particularly within the away record as a whole this season so them sort of boos I just don't get. 

Booing players on needs calling out as that's about as useful to the team as that City fan who kept the ball from Modric missed penalty the other night leaving Silva stood there stewing for 30 seconds.

They've been booed off a few times at home even at half time this season which I understand particularly when the desire and effort hasn't been there. It's not for me I just normally go early and the apathy of the last decade still exists for me, I find us almost comical to watch at home at times, it's literally like watching park football. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic