MATCH: Halifax Town (?) 18/04/24

Still in with a shot at promotion when we kick off less than 48 hours before the end of the season.

We have a whole summer/lifetime to bemoan how this has panned out. Get yourselves down there.

• Like 1

Update from ticket office:

If you are unable to attend in person, tickets can be returned by post. Please include the email address that was provided when purchased.

If you haven't yet collected your ticket, please email supporter.services@oldhamathletic.co.uk to claim a refund. #oafc

• Like 1

Update from ticket office:

If you are unable to attend in person, tickets can be returned by post. Please include the email address that was provided when purchased.

If you haven't yet collected your ticket, please email supporter.services@oldhamathletic.co.uk to claim a refund. #oafc

It's quite surreal. In any normal circumstances, with this being an absolute must win game and us still in with a chance of promotion with just one game left after this, we'd take thousands wouldn't we? (even though it's at Chesterfield). It just shows how little faith is actually left. If we do win, will it be a sell out on Saturday I wonder?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Still in with a shot at promotion when we kick off less than 48 hours before the end of the season.

We have a whole summer/lifetime to bemoan how this has panned out. Get yourselves down there.

Give over. We don’t have a cat in hells chance 

1 hour ago, spanishfly said:

It's quite surreal. In any normal circumstances, with this being an absolute must win game and us still in with a chance of promotion with just one game left after this, we'd take thousands wouldn't we? (even though it's at Chesterfield). It just shows how little faith is actually left. If we do win, will it be a sell out on Saturday I wonder?

Don’t do it to yourself mate. The season is over. It ended on 6th April. You know that, I know that.

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

I wish we could forfeit this game and Saturday and just get on with the exodus. 

Do you not want to give our heroes a rousing send-off on Saturday??

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We should sing to them "we're proud of you, we're proud of you" to the tune of auld lang syne, like we use to back in the day 

• Like 1

A win this evenining could spark a real fight on Saturday ... the apathy around our highest finish in years is all down to those on the pitch. Even last year if we still had 7th to play for the euphoria would have been understandable .. with fingers crossed and all permutations being discussed, like the players the support has all but given up. 

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Don't see why the fans should give them any kind of send off. Almost to the man they have been bloody awful, and have never shown any desire to win, or even put any fight, spirit or will to win into their games.  The lot of them have been shocking.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A rousing something off

Can’t imagine there’ll be much clapping going on. If we get beat tonight then Saturday will be toxic to say the least!!

Do you think they’ll even bother with the end of season awards night?

It is strange how early we kind of accepted defeat in all honesty, and I do think us as fans have to take some form of responsibility for that. 

Going into Easter weekend it was all to play for with a lot of games left. But even before that weekend it felt like we had accepted defeat. In reality, we needed a couple of wins.

Appreciate the first 30mins of the Fylde game killed a lot of hope. But going into the Alti game, a win would have gone a long way. But the crowd was absolutely dead and it felt like we accepted the inevitable. 

Mellon has a role to play in all this as he was giving off the impression he didn’t really believe it was achievable, he did this way to soon. 

It is a bizzare end to the season. We are to far off and to many variables out of our control at this point to make it into the playoffs, imo. But the reality is, we were a win and a draw away from going into the last game with a very strong chance of playoffs. 

Weird. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I do think us as fans have to take some form of responsibility for that. 

You have to be taking the piss!! Fans have followed them in numbers all over the fucking place this season and got practically nothing in return.

Even the Athleticos have been very subdued over the last few weeks and the disconnection between fan & player is as bad as I’ve ever witnessed.

Total responsibility has to be taken by the management and this absolutely horrendous squad of serial underachievers!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

You have to be taking the piss!! Fans have followed them in numbers all over the fucking place this season and got practically nothing in return.

Even the Athleticos have been very subdued over the last few weeks and the disconnection between fan & player is as bad as I’ve ever witnessed.

Total responsibility has to be taken by the management and this absolutely horrendous squad of serial underachievers!

I’m not having a go at the fans, as such. 

I am simply saying the atmosphere and the acceptance that we arnt going to make the play offs seemed to set in far earlier than it should have. I include myself in that. 

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

As an example, at the Oxford game the fans were fighting amongst themselves, chanting against our players and management. 

Which I completely understand, but not when we are still in it, which we was during that game and at that point. 

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t imagine there’ll be much clapping going on. If we get beat tonight then Saturday will be toxic to say the least!!

Do you think they’ll even bother with the end of season awards night?

No they should cancel the awards evening.   Who could possible win player of the season.  There has been not one player who has stood out, who has carried us through a mediocre season. As for young player of the year !!!! the first team has no young players. Most are old crocks looking for a last pay day before hanging their boots up, apart from an odd game as sub for the dog and duck. And players player of the year could be most revealing. It could only possibly be Norwood, simply because he has actually scored a few goals. and yet team player he is not. So who gets that award? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m not having a go at the fans, as such. 

I am simply saying the atmosphere and the acceptance that we arnt going to make the play offs seemed to set in far earlier than it should have. I include myself in that. 

The fans apathy certainly hasn't helped the situation but is understandable given the dross they've witnessed on numerous occasions.

A real shame we couldn't make a very achievable play off spot but the lack of positivity from the players (and staff) over the season has been very damaging.  

The absence of much aggression and urgency, even when leading, has led to a number of dropped points which would have comfortably sealed a place in the play offs.  🙄