BPAS PODCAST: 22nd Apr '24, S4E35: The Squad Pod

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

If we're going to let Mike go we need to sign someone in a similar mould - big, disruptive CF that can put himself about, good in the air and has a bit of pace.

We should be looking at Quigley from Chesterfield as a like-for-like replacement IMO. Out of contract there this summer.

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

We should be looking at Quigley from Chesterfield as a like-for-like replacement IMO. Out of contract there this summer.

A lot will depend on how we plan to set up next season. Think we need pacy wide forwards alongside the likes of Fondop (if still here) or Garner, if we lean towards a  4-3-3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

A lot will depend on how we plan to set up next season. Think we need pacy wide forwards alongside the likes of Fondop (if still here) or Garner, if we lean towards a  4-3-3. 

I may as well say it first - 7-2-1

If his favoured formation is 433, I don’t understand why he would need 4 strikers in his club of 4 he bangs on about.

With only 5 subs, it just overloads the team. 

Please build a team to a pissing plan. Last year Unsworth played wing backs and never signed a right wing back, it’s mental. 

Have a way of playing and sign accordingly. Not rocket science. 

If we don't sign a RB/RWB this summer I WILL LOSE MY MIND. Two seasons without one, how ****ing hard can it be?? Better sign two because the first choice will invariably do their ACL in first game given we've waited three years for one (not counting Jordan Clarke)

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If his favoured formation is 433, I don’t understand why he would need 4 strikers in his club of 4 he bangs on about.

With only 5 subs, it just overloads the team. 

Please build a team to a pissing plan. Last year Unsworth played wing backs and never signed a right wing back, it’s mental. 

Have a way of playing and sign accordingly. Not rocket science. 

Suspect that signing to a plan is precisely what he will hope to do. 4-3-3 was my suggestion but he has played several permutations over the years. Being flexible is handy but, as you say, deciding on the regular formation and recruiting accordingly is crucial.

8 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Suspect that signing to a plan is precisely what he will hope to do. 4-3-3 was my suggestion but he has played several permutations over the years. Being flexible is handy but, as you say, deciding on the regular formation and recruiting accordingly is crucial.

Well I assumed they would do that last year and they didn’t. Can’t get much worse this year.