Mouldy old dough / Fanfare ?

Markoasis

Mouldy old dough or Fanfare  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you associate with Latics?

• Mouldy old dough
    • Fanfare for the common man
    • Boys in blue
    • meat pie sausage roll
    • This is how it feels to be lonely
    • Down, down, deeper and down

may sound kinda wierd, but, mouldy old dough still feels me with that childish rush when i was at boundray park as a kid - excitement and wonder as the latics come out! so much so i have it as a ringtone on my phone. Mouldy Old Dough all the way!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin:

Floral Dance by Wogan was great.....especially when we sung it at Huddersfield fans at the old Leeds Road ground on Boxing Day years ago. All to do with them having intercourse with cats!!! Don'tknow where it came from, but that song reminds me about that match !!

Havent we had a similair debate to this before? I still think we need something more menacing to run out to, not a bloody ditty played on a piccolo..... I always imagine the lads are gonna run out and start morris dancing or something......

When I read the article on Sunday I couldn't recall us running out to MOD, neither could her indoors, still can't. Bring back Fanfare fert common man I say.

In the words of the twins from Big Brother we "defo" ran out to Mouldy Old Dough in the 80s in the days of the plastic pitch. I can hear the announcer reading the teams out then pausing and te plinky plony piano carrying on in the background.

In the words of the twins from Big Brother we "defo" ran out to Mouldy Old Dough in the 80s in the days of the plastic pitch. I can hear the announcer reading the teams out then pausing and te plinky plony piano carrying on in the background.

If you says so BT, but I seriously can't recall running out to it.

Guest oa_exile
If you says so BT, but I seriously can't recall running out to it.

They were never tracks that they ran out onto the pitch though :unsure:

Take no notice Stipey , B_T is far to young to remember :wink:

*Exile throw's down the gauntlett * B_T prove it :tongue1:

aw, now I need to invent one of those machines where I can download my memories then replay them to an audience. I may be some time but it will be worth it to prove I am right.

Failing that I will put the onus back on you two to prove that we didn't run out to M O D! ner, get out of that one then. :ass3:

aw, now I need to invent one of those machines where I can download my memories then replay them to an audience. I may be some time but it will be worth it to prove I am right.

Failing that I will put the onus back on you two to prove that we didn't run out to M O D! ner, get out of that one then. :ass3:

Oh so you challenge me to a duel eh?

You're on.

Edited by StipeTripe

Guest oa_exile

Dont want to hear excuses B_T :angry: just invent the machine :grin:

We await ^_^

Dont want to hear excuses B_T :angry: just invent the machine :grin:

We await ^_^

Can't get the parts.

I can't believe that no one can say for certain whether or not the lads ran out to M O D or not? I am 99.9% certain that they did but as I appear to be the only one I have 0.1% of a doubt. Either way they should just start running out to M O D and keep it like that. Lets get some tradition at latics.

My memories are of it being played about an hour before kick off during the Cup runs, with the Chaddy End already pretty full and bouncing up and down to it. I don't remember us ever running out to it (that's not to say we didn't - my memories of matches are generally pretty sketchy)

I also remember the commentator announcing 'And a big thank you to today's match sponsors, Warburtons Bakers' with Mouldy Old Dough playing in the background :D

seem to remeber that we didnt run out to it but it was used as the background music for the announcement of the teams match sponsers officials etc would be faided in and out perhaps thats what people are confusing it with .

what was the song that used to be played as we left the ground i know " my life is a football it goes round and round forever and ever wherever footbals found" is the chorus but what was the song ?