The Dark Knight

Matt

• 4 months later...

Just looks fantastic.... my biggest film of 2008 (well, with Cloverfield, Iron man, and Indianna Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - oh alright, its in the top 5)

... What the trailer doesnt show also is that hey have just announced that Harvey "2-face" Dent will have made his full transformation into the acid faced maniac for the films finale... cant wait...

Edited by BigfinLatic

• 2 weeks later...
Just looks fantastic.... my biggest film of 2008 (well, with Cloverfield, Iron man, and Indianna Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - oh alright, its in the top 5)

... What the trailer doesnt show also is that hey have just announced that Harvey "2-face" Dent will have made his full transformation into the acid faced maniac for the films finale... cant wait...

It does look good, and Heath Ledger playing the Joker looks an inspired move, obviously Jack Nicholson was great as the original, but it was a bit obvious, with Ledger you have someone who has a deformity, and makes it look good!

Im not overly creaming my jeans over Cloverfield like i was a few months ago, reading some of the reviews it will be like I Am Legend for me, as i didnt particularly like it.

Iron man, Robert Downey, please, dont make me laugh!!!

• 2 months later...

You guys are lucky, you get Batman on the 25th July, I have to wait till 28th August....bloody germans!! :angry:

On the Joker, should he ever be used again in a movie(Provided that they dont go the usual route of killing the main villians). A lot of people always felt that Jack Nicholsons Jokers was fantastic(Which it was) and couldnt be topped. I cant wait to see Heath Ledger's(RIP) version. The beauty of the Joker is that he doesnt have one type of personality, he has so many that no one knows what his true character really is.

Iron man, Robert Downey, please, dont make me laugh!!!

He's a great choice, the character of Tony Stark is an alcoholic, its kind of apt that RDJ is playing him and from seeing the trailers so far, he looks the part.

Oh and I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I couldnt ignore it. It's Batman!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The local English cinema I go to here has a sneak preview every Friday and tonight I got the Dark Knight. Good film, cant decide if its really good or only just scrapes good. Sadly now I definitely have to wait till 19th August, stupid Germans.

Ledger is fantastic in the role, not Oscar worthy, but definitely delivers a Joker to remember.

Going to the Printworks on wednesday night to watch it. (Yes latics are playing, but its a friendly)

Tim Burton's Batman was my favourite movie growing up. I was about 8 when I first saw it and loved it. I must have seen it 9/10 times. All the other films have never been as good and I think Batman Begins was nowhere near as good as critics made out. Its because the best Character in Batman is the Joker. Whoever has played him, George Romero in the TV show or Jack in Tim Burtons. The Joker is the best Character.

Does anyone know if they are planning on making another? I hope they do. Bring the Riddler back. Jim Carey ruined him.

Just watched it and WOW.

Its a truly brilliant film. Best of the year, beast of the decade. Maybe even best ever? Only time will tell.

Lot of talk about Heath Ledger getting an Oscar...if he is nominated for best actor/supporting actor, then Christopher Nolan should definitely be nominated for best director and it should win best picture hands down.

Think I will go to watch it again this weekend sometime.

I've seen it. Thanks to the good people at Odeon who ballsed up on wednesday - I've seen it for free in Rochdale.

Its good. Much much better than Batman begins, but the sentimentality of the film and the symbolism running through it got on my nerves, it was rammed down your throat and there is a good 15 minutes of it that could be removed.

The joker - Ledger did a good job. Mad, believable, but not funny. Manic, psychotic, but surely he should be funnier? Thats the point, he's a joker?

I have 1 or 2 tiny issues, but I wont say any cos they involve plotlines and I dont wanna spoil it. Other than that though I really did like it and will definately watch it again.

7.5 / 10. - Good, but not as good as Tim Burtons first one.

Edited by pukka