netterriers game

Thought i would put this on another post so as not to confuse.

I have looked through the other post but cant find anything about who is captain.......

Am i being a bit ahead of myself in putting myself forward for it? (Ive got an armband and everything :grin: from being Captain for Royton), and as most of you know...Im VERY vocal most of the time).

If it's already taken then not to worry, just thought i would offer my services.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought i would put this on another post so as not to confuse.

I have looked through the other post but cant find anything about who is captain.......

Am i being a bit ahead of myself in putting myself forward for it? (Ive got an armband and everything :grin: from being Captain for Royton), and as most of you know...Im VERY vocal most of the time).

If it's already taken then not to worry, just thought i would offer my services.

You can for me, am not bothered to be honest. I've been Captain for most teams i've played for but would rather take a step back on this one. As long as i get a game and we give them a game then all is ok, don't wanna be walkin away as the Losers!

Dave, you playin in this one? Bet there winger isn't anythin like Tommy Wright! lol

Edited by LaticsAndy

Seeing as I seem to have been designated as co-ordinator for all this then yes, yes you can (on the condition you don't shout at me :lol:... and play lost of nice through balls from the middle of the park... I'm not a "beat the man" kind of forward).

Also, we can use this thread for tactics if you like....?

And who's going to be "manager"... nice to have a captain but without a manager you'll have nothing to shout about!

Maddog? Want to be official Manager (sub's co-ordinator) Cheerleader (shout a lot) Photographer (take pics of Beady picking the ball out of our net) ???

To be honest mate, if they realise im chaddy then they will have it in for me to single me out of the game.......which means they wont be marking the other players like there supposed to, which is a good thing.

As fo tactics, you cant really lay down tactics until we know what kind of game they play. By the looks of them, there not the youngest of lads, so that sort of team like to get the ball down and play. If the back 4 are old guys, then we just go for the ball through them and someone fast to run onto it. Play it by ear eh?

As for taking the game serious.......Yes, its a bit of a laugh, but why play football unless you want to win. Were gonna have this.

Important tactics from my point of view...

1. If in doubt at the back... LUMP IT!!

2. If in doubt in the middle... LUMP IT!!

3. If in doubt up front... SHOOT!!

that sounds like a quote from a certian mr moore acky tell me it aint so

hoof !

that sounds like a quote from a certian mr moore acky tell me it aint so

hoof !

I am in discussions with the Tranmere team about another match as it happens. I asked if they would mind if we shouted, "HOOF!" after every pass, the bloke replied with something about straining our necks looking up the league. :mad:

Maddog? Want to be official Manager (sub's co-ordinator) Cheerleader (shout a lot) Photographer (take pics of Beady picking the ball out of our net) ???

Well I am a woman, so I can multitask :wink:. I was designated kit manager tonight at the meeting as well! Not sure how that would work though :blink: .

Oh goody..... a bossy job :grin:. It's like a dream come true!

As for tactics..... err.... what Ackey said :grin:

With thinking like that you'll get manager of the month in no time! :lol:

What does kit manager entail? We don't have a kit!!

I know! As I said, don't know how that would work. Cue visions of 20 lads turning up with several loads of personal washing each....'go on, love, knock yourself out!' :grin:

PS: that's not an invitation. And anyway, everything I wash comes out pink or grey.