Corney we need your support

I'll be there and I'm going to drag the misses along (against her will, she has absolutely no interest in football) and have her wear one of my Latics shirts aswell. :grin:

:OWTB1::bluearmy::comeon::ktf:

As the Club keeps pointing out, the redevelopment is not only for the good of the Club, it's also going to provide much-needed facilities for the benefit of the town of Oldham as a whole.

Bring along anyone, including those who know nothing about football or are even Reds or laser Blues from Oldham (not wearing their colours). This is the opportunity for all the stay-at-home Latics' followers to show their support for the Club. The wearing of colours is to separate supporters from objectors as the Councillors look round the Chamber. A few of those old Bovis shirts would look brilliant - how appropriate to have a residential builder's name in the face of the Councillors. If people don't have colours, a badge, rosette or a visible old programme will do.

Even accepting that TTA will not be here for ever, if they leave US with Latics flourishing in a redeveloped BP, with non-football revenue streams keeping OUR Club viable, even the biggest Latics' moaner will say "Thanks".

When Mrs. Hometownclub is attending some non-football function in the redeveloped stadium, looking out on the hallowed turf, or trying to spot Plumpton Clough, she'll be telling her friends how she was present in the Council Chamber when it was all made possible.

Simon Corney says on the fishal site:

"..please don't leave it because 'someone else will bother to turn up'. We need people to be pro-active and get down there to make sure our dreams become a reality." He also says "We need as many people as possible...to give a real show of strength on behalf of the club as the Councillors rule on a development which could make or break football in Oldham."

That's the bottom line - the Councillors have to make a massive decision that will go down in the history of the Club - one way or another - be there to be a part of history!

We have to remain quiet during the meeting, but IF there is celebrating to be done, it would be great to let off steam by singing on the balcony of the Civic Centre overlooking Rochdale Road, which to my knowledge has only ever been used for OUR Club's celebrations.

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says that Simon Corney is appealing for support at the Planning Committee meeting tomorrow. So at least those followers through the newspaper are aware that their presence is needed.

It also says that although it is recommended for approval, it doesn't mean that planning permission will be granted.

Just a quick question, does anyone know if there is a reserve game tomorrow and where it is?

The Reserves are supposed to be at home to Coventry at 2.00pm. There is reference on the fishal site to a postponement of the Reserves' game against Forest on 27th November, but no mention of any change tomorrow.

The Reserves are supposed to be at home to Coventry at 2.00pm. There is reference on the fishal site to a postponement of the Reserves' game against Forest on 27th November, but no mention of any change tomorrow.

Anyone planning on going to that and then onto the planning meeting afterwards?

I've just spoken with Stu Vose.

Latics Reserves play Coventry Reserves tomorrow at Boundary Park - Kick Off 2 pm.

Hopefully, that should encourage a few more to put aside their afternoon and get along to support Latics both on and then off the pitch. Clearly it is awkward for many with it being a week day but as has been said, we really can make a difference tomorrow.

Sounds like a good afternoon to me. Watch the second team beat Coventry; have a drink in Town and then go and (hopefully) see history being made. It would be great to see as many at both venues as possible tomorrow.

Clearly it is awkward for many with it being a week day but as has been said, we really can make a difference tomorrow.

Sounds like a good afternoon to me. Watch the second team beat Coventry; have a drink in Town and then go and (hopefully) see history being made. It would be great to see as many at both venues as possible tomorrow.

And IF planning permission is granted, we can celebrate with a drink, before finishing the day off by going to watch the second half of a charity game involving Eyresy and Tony Philliskirk against Chadderton at Broadway - free admission but donations welcome for Children In Need.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1167100,00.html

But don't go there instead of the meeting, eh?

Will the players be there? If I was SC or JS surley they would make it mandatory for them to turn up?? It would add another 20+ to the attendence!

Will they be there??

NIKI I directed your question by email to Alan Hardy who replied:

"I think this is about the future of the club and the long term benefits to the town, we don't think we should make it mandatory for the players to attend just to encourage fans to support the owners."

As we the fans often say, the players are only representatives of OUR club on the pitch. We're lucky to have at least three players in Allott, Eardley and Taylor who are also fans of THEIR Club. There's nothing to stop them, or any player, attending, but it's not mandatory.

As we the fans often say, the players are only representatives of OUR club on the pitch. We're lucky to have at least three players in Allott, Eardley and Taylor who are also fans of THEIR Club. There's nothing to stop them, or any player, attending, but it's not mandatory.

Eardley's actually a Liverpool fan. Hates United, though, so he's practically one of us :)

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says that Simon Corney is appealing for support at the Planning Committee meeting tomorrow. So at least those followers through the newspaper are aware that their presence is needed.

It also says that although it is recommended for approval, it doesn't mean that planning permission will be granted.

One last thought on tomorrow's D-Day meeting.

With the rarely wrong Chron publicising our possible attendance in large numbers, the NIMBYs may get even more of their group to attend the meeting.

If any of us arrive after the Council Chamber has been declared full to capacity, it would be a shame if we caused a fuss and behaved in the way that Councillors may expect football fans to behave, thereby getting their backs up and jeopardising the outcome of the decision. Let's be patient and wait to join in the celebration IF appropriate.

And finally, I just want to wish TTA good luck for tomorrow, especially our Member newyorkboss.

See you at the meeting or afterwards.

:ktf:

Just bringing this to the top prior to setting off down to Oldham.

As Diego has said on ISZ, this is a massive day for Latics and hopefully, we will get as many fans there as possible tonight.

Arguably the biggest day in the Club's history, with its future in the hands of 11 Councillors on the Planning Committee. No planning permission = No Club!

If you have time to spare and want to be part of a truly memorable day here's a suggested programme:

2.00pm Reserves v Coventry at BP - Free admission, no live commentary.

5.00pm First come basis for places in the Council Chamber at the Civic Cente (Rochdale Road entrance) wearing Club colours.

6.00pm Planning Committee meeting.

7.00pm approx Celebration/commiseration time - pub.

7.30pm Second half of Charity game at Chadderton FC featuring Eyresy and Tony Philliskirk - Free admission, donation to Children In Need.

Keep everything crossed and KtF.

I will be heading straight up to the Civic Centre following the Reserve game as I want to be sure of getting in. It promises to be such an important day in our history and I would hate to be stuck outside.

See you later Diego - and many more Latics fans too I hope.

Just to say that I will be there, as will the boyfriend, and my brother. So add 3 onto your 33 cos I didn't see the vote. And I'm trying to get people from work to go as well.

That's about 41 then Jac. The poll is on this link but some have indicated they're going without voting:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;#entry66194

what does the chamber hold?

The rarely wrong Chron says 120, but there were more than that in the Crompton Suite last time, and the meeting has been moved to the Council Chamber because it's bigger.

Out of an estimate 200 last time, there were about 180 residents.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns