Corney we need your support

Guest sheridans_world

I will be there, i want to be joined by MORE than 300 fans. Out of the number of season ticket holders latics have and the amount of notice given regarding this event, i would be dissappointed if less than 600 turned up.

Edit: Lets face it, ITS FREE! (bar travel expenses)

Edited by sheridans_world

I will be there, i want to be joined by MORE than 300 fans. Out of the number of season ticket holders latics have and the amount of notice given regarding this event, i would be dissappointed if less than 600 turned up.

Edit: Lets face it, ITS FREE! (bar travel expenses)

Really gutted that I can't make this :angry:

Can you text me the decision please?

wish i will be there with you all showing my support and love of latics ,but i will contact simon c before and wishing him and alll at the club good luck for permission to build boundary park to a ground that people will be proud of ,and i hope to see later on that the club got the big okay to bulid

Simon Corney says "This Club belongs to everyone who cares so much about it". The plans are vital to the future survival of the Club and the catalyst for an exciting time of change for Oldham.

He hopes to see supporters of the redevelopment proposals, wearing colours and arriving early, outnumbering the objectors. He wants a real show of strength to be seen by the Councillors, who can make or break the Club. He hopes to see a large band of supporters joining with him as we strive together to achieve the outcome we all want so much.

As you know, for over a month now I've been trying to drum (no pun intended) up support in the form of bums on seats (or standing) in the Council Chamber at the Planning Committee meeting. In the poll on my 'D-Day' thread only 36 OWTB members have voted, amounting to only 33 people attending. I realise that this small number of people who could be arsed to vote may be no indication whatsoever of the number of people who are actually going to attend, but to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Regardless of who turns up on the night, oafc_ok and I will be making the 150 mile round trip - minimum of 6 hours, regardless of any time spent celebrating/commiserating. We don't want any medals or praise - if we're considered foolish by some, then so be it. We just feel that it's something we want to do to be part of the Club's history, in response to the efforts made by TTA to secure the future of OUR Club.

I hope Simon Corney gets his wish for once in the form of support, but I've got a horrible feeling that he's going to be disappointed once again at the turnout of supporters.

Simon Corney says "This Club belongs to everyone who cares so much about it". The plans are vital to the future survival of the Club and the catalyst for an exciting time of change for Oldham.

He hopes to see supporters of the redevelopment proposals, wearing colours and arriving early, outnumbering the objectors. He wants a real show of strength to be seen by the Councillors, who can make or break the Club. He hopes to see a large band of supporters joining with him as we strive together to achieve the outcome we all want so much.

As you know, for over a month now I've been trying to drum (no pun intended) up support in the form of bums on seats (or standing) in the Council Chamber at the Planning Committee meeting. In the poll on my 'D-Day' thread only 36 OWTB members have voted, amounting to only 33 people attending. I realise that this small number of people who could be arsed to vote may be no indication whatsoever of the number of people who are actually going to attend, but to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Regardless of who turns up on the night, oafc_ok and I will be making the 150 mile round trip - minimum of 6 hours, regardless of any time spent celebrating/commiserating. We don't want any medals or praise - if we're considered foolish by some, then so be it. We just feel that it's something we want to do to be part of the Club's history, in response to the efforts made by TTA to secure the future of OUR Club.

I hope Simon Corney gets his wish for once in the form of support, but I've got a horrible feeling that he's going to be disappointed once again at the turnout of supporters.

Just out of curiosity, ok yep the more people there the better but surely the decision has been made before the night?

Just out of curiosity, ok yep the more people there the better but surely the decision has been made before the night?

Not at all!

The decision will be made by the Committee after listening to the respective spokesperson for the applicant and the objectors, and considering the Planning Officer's Report. There are 6 Labour Councillors, four Lib/Dems and one Conservative and a majority decision is required. A least three of the Councillors were absent at the last meeting.

Simon Corney says although the scheme is recommended for approval, we're not there yet. If it was all cut and dried, he wouldn't be begging supporters to attend.

It's not over 'til the fat lady Councillor casts her vote (figuratively speaking)!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Not at all!

The decision will be made by the Committee after listening to the respective spokesperson for the appicant and the objectors, and considering the Planning Officer's Report. There are 6 Labour Councillors, four Lib/Dems and one Conservative and a majority decision is required. A least three of the Councillors were absent at the last meeting.

Simon Corney says although the scheme is recommended for approval, we're not there yet. If it was all cut and dried, he wouldn't be begging supporters to attend.

It's not over 'til the fat lady Councillor casts her vote (figuratively speaking)!

ok, in that case everybody get your arses down there then :grin: Would go myself but I am abroad at the moment!

Edited by laticsmad

ok, in that case everybody get your arses down there then :grin: Would go myself but I am abroad at the moment!

Why is it that the need to attend only seems to register with people who are unable to be there? I suppose after my subtle approach has failed, laticsmad's direct approach is worth a try.

This and the 'D-Day' thread would have been much shorter if it hadn't been for people apologising in advance for not attending.

cant make it working in blackpool till 6, have e-mailed my support to both oldham council and TTA.

Not wanting to appear to pour cold water on your support - just to point out that the Council only considers written representations, for or against planning applications, if they were submitted during the formal consultation period, which ended in May.