MyFootballClub

oafc0000

MyFootballClub Buys Ebbsfleet United  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be a success?

• Yes
    • No
    • Jurys out....

I was listening on the radio, and I thought they said "FC" United! Either way, its madness, hope it and all the shareholders fall flat on their faces.

The shareholders dont actually stand to gain or lose anything. If it goes bankrupt your not liable and if it makes money by selling the club then the profit is given to charity.

I was listening on the radio, and I thought they said "FC" United! Either way, its madness, hope it and all the shareholders fall flat on their faces.

Thanks for that vote of confidence from the voice of reason North of the border, and may the Arctic wind blow up your kilt!

P.S. Give us back our penalty spot!

Looks like a dud to me. I wonder how much is actually left after they’ve bought the club and paid the “admin costs” (which are strangely set at £7.50 per member, not at as much or little as is needed – nice little earner for someone I think)? It’s a crap place to have it, not exactly a football hotbed, not close to anywhere and most of the real football fans round there will already have a none-league side or follow Millwall, Charlton, West Ham etc. IMO it would have made sense to go for large town that doesn’t have a large football club, somewhere like Milton Keynes.

Looks like a dud to me. I wonder how much is actually left after they’ve bought the club and paid the “admin costs” (which are strangely set at £7.50 per member, not at as much or little as is needed – nice little earner for someone I think)? It’s a crap place to have it, not exactly a football hotbed, not close to anywhere and most of the real football fans round there will already have a none-league side or follow Millwall, Charlton, West Ham etc. IMO it would have made sense to go for large town that doesn’t have a large football club, somewhere like Milton Keynes.

Just put buses on from Gillingham and ship the fat-faced fans in.

To be honest, that is one of the biggest untapped areas, if not the biggest, in the Country. If it is going to work, that's where it'll work.

I don't think it sticks too much of a chance, but it was worth £35 for the fun of it.

I have put 'yes' in the vote as I think in the short term it will be a success. I think it is a great idea and for £35 a very cheap risk if it does go wrong for those fans who have contributed. Good luck to them... it is great to see interest and money being spent in lower league teams and in such a positve way.

Looks like a dud to me. It’s a crap place to have it, not exactly a football hotbed, not close to anywhere and most of the real football fans round there will already have a none-league side or follow Millwall, Charlton, West Ham etc.

Playing in the Conference National, MyFootballClub members across the UK will have the opportunity of going to watch Ebbsfleet United matches. This would not have been the case with a club in a regional division.

Promotion to the Football League is one of the great prizes in English football, and the Conference also has a Wembley play-off final.

Ebbsfleet United's ground has a capacity of 5,248 of which approximately 4,000 is standing - great for the traditionalists!

It has good transport links. By car it is junction 2 on the M25. And Northfleet station (a 5 minute walk to the ground) is 55 minutes from Charing Cross, London. Gravesend Station is also near by. Ebbsfleet International Station, on the Eurostar line (Eurostar also sponsors the team), which opens on 19 November, is approximately 500m from the the ground. A high speed 15-minute domestic service from St Pancras will be introduced in 2009.

Ohhhh Whennn The Fleeeeeeeet go marchin' in! :grin:

It doesn't sit well with me. There seems to be a complete lack of respect for the fans of Ebbsfleet, who seem to me to be pretty long-suffering anyway. It reminds me of the lack of consideration for fans of Wimbledon when creating the frankenstein club at Milton Keynes. Again, the attitude seems to be that there's not many of them so their feelings don't matter. As with Franchise FC, I think they should have started at the bottom of the pyramid, not steal a league position achieved over many years.

It just seems to be a big game of Championship Manager and I don't think you should play games like this with a football club.

Anyone thinking of investing should save their £35 for the bucket collections when it all goes wrong and the true fans are left to pick up the pieces.

Edited by oafc_ok

.... if 10,000 fans, many armchair Chelsea, United, City, Newcastle armchair fans bought Latics .... decided to revert to all Green club colors, picked team etc.

Disgusting that the board of 'fleet even considered this!!!

Putting 35 in to help by a club great ... to let them have a say .. shocking

Just put buses on from Gillingham and ship the fat-faced fans in.

To be honest, that is one of the biggest untapped areas, if not the biggest, in the Country. If it is going to work, that's where it'll work.

This one's already been done....did have a soft spot for Charlton, until they started stealing supporters from the Gillingham area. Mindya....as our resident gimp over on ISZ (OldhamGFC) often suggests by his antics, it's full of dicks and a :censored: anyway :grin:

A big fat En Oh for me! I find it funny that 20000 think they can make this work. If you read the views on us Latics on the messageboards and between lets say, 50 very regular active posters, we don't agree much at times on who should play, who should stay, who ate my cat and many other things. HTF is 20000 therefore going to agree? What happens when the fractions we've seen at our own club over the year over managers etc. begin to occur. The club will crack and split into so many fractions and just become a mess.

As someone has pointed out...it's the real Ebsfleet fans who I feel for. Or shouldn't that be Northfleet? Or whoeverfleet......won't work. Be fun watching how it goes though, either way.

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's been pointed out that if the outline planning application for BP had been rejected a month ago instead of being deferred, MyFootballClub may have been dealing with OAFC now instead of Ebbsfleet United. :mmm:

As a fellow MyFC member that thought had occurred to me as well this afternoon!

Loseing my club or going to down this route ?? I would of rather gone down this route!

We'd have even welcomed a dubious ex-Thai Prime Minister during the long dark Summer of 2003.

To the best of my knowledge (and I may be wrong) Ebbsfleet aren't in the situation where it's a straight choice between the two.